Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to Install Flash 18 PPAPI .EXE via SCCM 2012 R2

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2015 Jul 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I am having difficulty deploying flash players .EXE through SCCM 2012 R2. I have the MSI's for X and NPPAPI which deploy successfully but the PPAPI since it has been said to only be available in .EXE will not. I only have about 1 years experience with SCCM and little formal training on it. Any help would be appreciated.

Shane

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the exe is done with  " /install"

However according to a recent Adobe post in here somewhere you are not suppose to mass deploy PPAPI, of course it is not clearly documented on any of the download pages either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Carm01,

So if i write FILENAME.EXE /install /q i should get a quiet install correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just use:

install_flash_player_ppapi.exe /install

/q is used on msi the majority of the time depending on how it was wrapped, just tested and confirmed silent 100%

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Carm01,

this is what i tested and the fail return code from SCCM

Program: Adobe Flash Player (PPAPI) failed with exit code 3221225477

0xC0000005
Access violation.
Indicates that the executed program has terminated abnormally or crashed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just save yourself some pain and use the msi files below. fill out the license stuff, i don't believe it cost

https://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/distribution3.html

Best Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shane75,

The PPAPI plugin is currently not available for licensed distribution.  If it were available for licensing distribution it would have been including in the Player licensing page.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Carm01 mentioned this but i have not had any luck getting ANY of the flash .EXE installations to complete with success through SCCM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have moved on from PPAPI and started working on NPAPI and AX .EXE and still no success

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They work, Idk squat about SCCM, We use altiris, and we can set altiris to drop whatever file on whatever machine and run the commands silently regardless of file like in an example shown below

It has to be something you are doing in SCCM

Why don't you just copy that file install and then a bat file with that command to the drive and execute the bat file. That's about the only advise I have since i don't know squat about sccm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shane75,

Performing an internet search for "EXE installers and SCCM" indicates there are some hoops to jump through to deploy EXE's via SCCM (as CS is alluding to).  If you are using SCCM why not use the Catalog .cab file to retrieve the MSI installers or the MSI installers themselves?  Information on this is available in the Flash Player Admin Guide and when licensing Flash Player for distribution (information on licensing is in the Admin Guide link I posted).

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines