• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What are the best settings in After Effects to render to facebook?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2015 Jul 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a video in After Effects with audio that renders well to my computer but when I upload it to facebook it becomes completely blurry. I've followed the settings that facebook suggests but am clearly doing something wrong.

My composition settings:

Preset: HDV/HDTV 720 29.97

1280px x 720px

Pixel Aspect Ratio: Square Pixels

Frame Rate: 29.97

Resolution: Full

Duration: 35 seconds

Then I added to the render queue with these settings:

Render Settings: Best Settings

Output Module:

-format:quicktime

-post-render action: none

-audio output: 44.100 khz, AAC

Below shows the difference in quality from my computer vs. once uploaded on facebook

Screen Shot 2015-07-09 at 10.33.50 AM.png

TOPICS
How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You want to use the Adobe Media Encoder and choose the YouTube preset that matches your original comp size and frame rate. You are sending an uncompressed file to the web and letting their software do the compressing.

Please watch the last video in this section to learn a bit about rendering: Basic Workflow

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response and the video was very helpful.

I added to Adobe Media Encoder and chose the YouTube 720p HD setting. It rendered nicely into the mp4 format on my computer but once again is blurry once I upload on facebook. Is there anything else you would suggest?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Facebook is going to recompress the image. I would suggest that you upload to YouTube(which will also monkey with your video a bit) and put that on Facebook. You might also want to wait for a bit for Facebook to work it's magic with your video. I'm not really sure how FB handles video. If I want something to look really good on FB I'll put my video on Vimeo and link to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2015 Jul 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally figured it out! In Facebook you need to change your Video Settings to "HD if available."

In case anyone else is having issues I would recommend following Rick's instructions above for rendering the video and then watching the video below for how to set your facebook settings correctly.

Get Facebook Videos to Upload and Play in HD - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Why would you not us the Facebook 720p HD instead? Learning myself right now so I am asking. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines