• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Flash Player isn't installing.

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2015 Jul 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Flash Player just won't install for me. It tells me I have already got the Flash Player installed when I do not. Image: Gyazo - beee9637f34e0a2dad3c6d999115d06c.png

Next up, whenever I try installing the program, it's always "Not responding..." even after 20 minutes have passed and continuous closing and reopening. Image: Gyazo - cdad7d22b9d0790ecea6f8cd0a1db57b.png

I use Google Chrome, and this problem has only been occurring for the newest update from today. Is there any way to fix this problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 14, 2015 Jul 14, 2015

Hi starj,

Google embeds Flash Player in Chrome and they are the ones that release Flash Player updates for Chrome.  If you're version of Chrome has not yet been updated, you'll want to check for the update manually.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Someone had a similar issue with chrome.

This thread might just assist you:

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1898909

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi starj,

Google embeds Flash Player in Chrome and they are the ones that release Flash Player updates for Chrome.  If you're version of Chrome has not yet been updated, you'll want to check for the update manually.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@carm01 I've attempted the reinstallation of Chrome, but it didn't work up to the pepper_flash part, where it said the component was still not updated.

@m_vargas I tried your method, the problem was that Chrome said "Updates have been disabled by the administrator." so I had to go into the Registry and edit it so that it would update. Works normally now, or at least Chrome says it's up to date, but the pepper_flash still says the component is not updated but as it is working, I don't think it matters. Thanks for the assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi starj,

I have the latest version of Chrome and in chrome://plugins it indicates I have 18.0.0.209 installed, but when I go to chrome://components it indicates version 16.0.0.305.  I've not had success using 'update components' in chrome://components to update any items listed in chrome://components (just my experience).

If you go to chrome://plugins and search for Flash Player what version does it display?

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

m_vargas‌

I think it is a little buggy to be honest. Mine here at work shows:

However on:

Adobe - Flash Player

shows correct 18.0.0.209. I had to do an actual chrome update at home, and here it auto updated chrome and I never had to do the check for updates for flash.

also:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Carm01

My Windows system shows 16.0.0.305 and my Mac system shows 0.0.0.0.  I just use chrome://plugins to check instead of chrome://components.

Is 18.0.0.208 a typo?  The latest version, for all platforms and browsers is 18.0.0.209 (http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/‌)

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yea, it was a typo, i fixed it , it showed correct when I updated it this AM , but it is just not consistent between the two, not either of our problems , but just weird and inconsistent.

I will check this other machine and see what is up as it has an image that is a week old on it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

m_vargas‌

FYI

So, on the 64bit beta version everything shows correct in components and plugins , of course that was a full uninstall of the 32bit version.

44.0.2403.81 (Official Build) beta-m (64-bit):

On the 64bit production ( after a uninstall of the 32bit version ) it shows the version 0.0.0.0 ( component not updated) . So IDK what  is going on to be honest, hopefully Google has sorted this out in V44 for everyone. Its just inconsistent. Everything is up to date of course as well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines