• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mozilla blocks flash and shockwave players

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2015 Jul 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I realize there was a security issue back in 2013 but I also thought with the updates that have been done this was taken care of.

I checked my plugins after this latest update to FireFox version 39.0 and it has set shockwave to "always ask to activate" and also the flash player plugin.

This is what it says in the panel:

Adobe Flash Player

Shockwave Flash 18.0 r0

vulnerable

version: 18.0.0.203

Granted since I have a MacBook Pro 17" running SnowLeopard I can not go any higher due to requirements which I do not meet but I read at the Mozilla forums that  (no current posts I think) Adobe was supposed to have fixed it and no vulnerabilities.

Can someone tell me yes it is fixed or not.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 14, 2015 Jul 14, 2015

Hi darkangel612,

There was a security vulnerability in 18.0.0.203 and Mozilla blocked the plugin in Firefox.  We released a fix for this vulnerability this morning.  Please download the latest version, 18.0.0.209, from https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 14, 2015 Jul 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi darkangel612,

There was a security vulnerability in 18.0.0.203 and Mozilla blocked the plugin in Firefox.  We released a fix for this vulnerability this morning.  Please download the latest version, 18.0.0.209, from https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Maria, I downloaded it and it is now not with the red warning.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome, DarkAngel612.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines