• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error Message when trying to install Flash Player 18 on Windows 7 Computer using Firefox

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2015 Jul 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 28, 2015 Jul 28, 2015

Hi davep66667962,

The online installer team has identified the DPI setting as the culprit of the script error.  If it's set to something other than 100%, 125%, 150%, or 200% it'll throw the script error.  The work-around is to change the DPI setting to one of these.  The online installer team expects to have a fix for this within the next week.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 14, 2015 Jul 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi davep66667962,

What OS version, including Service Pack if applicable is this happening on?  I'd like to get the verbose log file from you.  Please do the following:

1. Create an empty text file named ADM.trace inside your %temp% directory (usually located at C:\Users\<YourUserID>\AppData\Local\Temp\).  The file extension itself is .trace, not .txt or anything else.
    1. To create the empty text file, navigate to the %temp% directory, right-click in an empty area and select New > Text Document
    2. Rename the new file to ADM.trace
  2. Run the online installer again until it stops
  3. Go to C:\Users\<YourUserID>\AppData\Local\Temp\Adobe_ADMLogs and upload the two files, Adobe_ADM.log and Adobe_GDE.log, using the How to share a document‌ instructions.

In the interim, please use the offline installer posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows page in the 'Still having problems' section.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2015 Jul 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have resolved the issue....I am using Windows 7 Home edition with all updates.  I also use Norton 360 that is up-to-date.

I removed the version that was on my computer and installed an older version which was version 13.  That worked fine...two days later I got a message from Adobe advising me of the latest version of 18. I launched the install for that version and it installed fine with no problems.  I did select the automatic update feature this time which I had not done before.  So far it is working fine with no problems at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 28, 2015 Jul 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi davep66667962,

The online installer team has identified the DPI setting as the culprit of the script error.  If it's set to something other than 100%, 125%, 150%, or 200% it'll throw the script error.  The work-around is to change the DPI setting to one of these.  The online installer team expects to have a fix for this within the next week.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines