• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

can't install flashplayer 18 or acrobat reader update.

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2015 Jul 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can't install flashplayer 18 or acrobat reader update.  NOrton 360 says "no reliable information", both Firefox and Explorer will not permit it either.  Have been trying for two days.  Windows 7, 64-bit.  Never had this problem before.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 12, 2015 Jul 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have had a security issue which we patched and moved to market, Please find the offline Installer for both IE and Firefox at our Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows Page, at the bottom of the page you will find individual installers for IE and Firefox. Please install them and you can start viewing Flash Content just like always.

--

Piyush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2015 Jul 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks

I installed them, and have restarted Firefox. But Firefox is still saying Flash Player is ‘at risk’ and should not be used – so I have to “allow now” in order to run things. Please advise.

Thanks,

Lsbrandon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 15, 2015 Jul 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try updating to the latest Flash Player 18.0.0.209 from https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.html#main-pars_te...

What is your Adobe/Acrobat Reader version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Acrobat version is XI (11.0.11).

I checked Firefox, the version of FlashPlayer I have is .203, so I went to the site to get .209.  I downloaded it -- exactly the same things have happened (install is stopped -- Norton has 'no reliable information' - install switches to Explorer and then stops then also).  Should I uninstall version .203, restart the computer and then try again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi lsbrandon,

The online installer, downloaded from get.adobe.com/flashplayer downloads and installs Flash Player silently in the background and it appears Norton is blocking this. You can either use the offline installer (see links in posts 1 & 3) or temporarily disable Norton to install using the online installer.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2015 Jul 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

okay, today I tried again, using the offline downloads.  I got the same 'warning' from Norton.  However, I was able to install Firefox version (once it prompted me to close the browser), and also Explorer version, both with no hassle and without having to shut Norton down.. 

Why today?  Who knows.  But I was encouraged to try again by reading another user's success after the same problems.

Thanks for the forum -- it helps a LOT.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 16, 2015 Jul 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi lsbrandon,

Unless you're re-installing the same version, or using an old installer, you shouldn't be prompted to close the browser during instillation.  However, depending on the browser, you would need to restart the browser, refresh the opened tab, or open a new tab for the newly installed Flash Player version to load in the browser.  We recently made a change to the installer, based on user feedback, to not force users to close the browsers during installation (unless re-installing the same version).  However, some browser's do require a restart, a tab refresh, or opening a new tab, for the new version to load.  This is because different browser's handle the unloading and loading of newly installed plugin's differently.

If you have Norton configured to automatically update, it could be that Norton is no longer flagging the file and allowing the installation to proceed.  I used to use Norton but found them too aggressive in blocking certain files, especially for newly released software versions.

Either way, I'm glad you were able to install and it's working now.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines