• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player Install: Connection Failed

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2015 Jul 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried to install Adobe Flash Player probably 6 or 7 times now and the same problem keeps occurring. When I download the exe "flashplayer18_ha_install" and run it, the popup installer says "Connection Failed. Click the Finish Button to restart the download process."

Screenshot (2).png

This problem has happened to me every time I try to install Flash Player. I have tried installing it on both home and public WiFi (Starbucks or McDonalds mainly) connections, and have disabled my firewalls on both types of connections and all places I go, but the same thing still happens.

My system is Windows 8.1 64bit OS on an Asus Notebook.

Screenshot (3).png

This is getting extremely frustrating, and help would be much appreciated.

Thank You

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 15, 2015 Jul 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pwillener Can you give me a picture of the webpage where they are?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi cameronh4211,

We've seen this error recently and are investigating the issue.  I'd like to get the verbose log file from you.  Please do the following:

1. Create an empty text file named ADM.trace inside your %temp% directory (usually located atC:\Users\<YourUserID>\AppData\Local\Temp\). The file extension itself is .trace, not .txt or anything else.
    1. To create the empty text file, navigate to the %temp% directory, right-click in an empty area and select New > Text Document
    2. Rename the new file to ADM.trace
  2. Run the online installer again until it stops
  3. Go to C:\Users\<YourUserID>\AppData\Local\Temp\Adobe_ADMLogs and upload the two files,Adobe_ADM.log and Adobe_GDE.log, using the How to share a document instructions
  4. Post the URL to the uploaded log files in your reply.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@m_vargas

Here is the link:

Shared Files - Acrobat.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi cameronh4211,

Thank you for posting the files.  Are you using a proxy server?

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was, and I thought I had previously turned those settings off. thanks for the help anyway

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 16, 2015 Jul 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi cameronh4211,

There were some issues with the online installer and proxy server not working, but I was told those were fixed last week.  I will forward your log file to the team that handles the online installer for further review.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wouldn't bother yourself with that because the my computer proxy settings were not correct so there was no proxy server being used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi cameronh4211,

Thank you for confirming.  Much appreciated.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines