Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error 1009 and 2060 plus can't install latest Flash version

Jul 12, 2015 Jul 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I typed all this out then was prompted to sign in.  Windows 8.1 64 bit IE 11 (ActiveX) Flash Player Version 16.0.0.235  My mother-in-law is having two issues.  She works from home, taking calls on a landline and accessing scripts that pop when a call comes in.  She gets SecurityError: #2060 Security sandbox violation externallnterface caller at flash external:Externallinterface$/_initJS()  (there's more I can provide if needed) and Error #1009 Can't access and property or method of a null object at Constants ScriptKeys$/parseScript (again, there's more to the error message I can provide if needed)  I believe she clicks Dismiss All and is able to continue, but it's annoying.  I've tried to upgrade to the latest Flash version, but get caught on a merry-go-round.  From your website, I test Flash and am told "Sorry, your computer doesn't have the latest version" and when I click the link to get the latest version, am directed to a page that advises Flash is embedded in Windows 8 and I don't need to install it.  Flash Player is enabled, and I believe IE 11 is the most up-to-date version of the browser.  HELP!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgot to add that when I click Update for Internet Explorer Flash Player for Windows 8.1 (64-bit machine), it seems to download then I get a message box saying Windows Update Stand Alone Installer is not applicable to your computer (or words to that effect)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to run windows updates, MS is responsible for taking care of the updates for windows 8.x and above for activeX and Internet Explorer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Carm01‌,

The Windows 8 Update for IE updates Flash Player. That is why we provide link to IE update msu file on our Flash Player Issues | Windows 8‌ page.

--

Piyush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 14, 2015 Jul 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are no Windows updates, important or optional, that haven't been installed on this computer.  I've been to your Flash Player Issues Windows 8 page, and that's where I get on the merry-go-round.

I've checked the update history, and there are no failed updates except one that concerned my printer.  I understand that the only way to update Flash Player is via a Windows update, but since all the updates have been done, and are always done because the system is set to update them automatically, I really have no idea what to do at this point.  I think the Flash Player errors that are occurring could likely be due to not having the most updated version of Flash.  But I can't figure out why it hasn't updated, and apparently there's no way to manually update it.  I guess I'm just screwed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 14, 2015 Jul 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I chatted with a Microsoft Answer Tech, and she had no explanation as to why Flash hasn't updated.  There are 2 computers in this house, both with 8.1, and one has the newer version of Flash, and one doesn't.  I don't see a failed update install when checking for installed updates, but if I knew when Flash was last updated, maybe I could find the update number on the computer that has the updated version, and go from there.

God, do I miss the days when I had Windows XP, and if I needed to update Flash, I just went to your website.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 15, 2015 Jul 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

justjules8777

A couple of unorthodox methods:

Can try a scannow /sfc from an elevated command prompt to check for corrupt system level files ( https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833 )

Try to reset IE, and also try to uninstall and re-install IE( https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/318378 );

I know that later one is an extreme method, but aside from Firefox or Chrome for flash related content, that is the only things I can think of. I have suggested re-install IE before, but nobody wanted to try that one as they were more afraid of the unknown. Something is defiantly corrupt somewhere.... my 2 cents worth.

Good Luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines