• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why did Adobe Flash Player Install Manager suddenly appear in my Utilities folder? Created date was two days ago, and I did not intentionally download this and worry it may be a virus.

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2015 Jul 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because I noticed some weird animated pop-ads on Match.com -- featuring a cartoonish Oprah and the like  --- I searched my applications to see if I had downloaded any adware.  The only thing odd in my Applications -- in the Utilities folder, actually --  was Adobe Flash Player Install Manager with a created date of July 13, 2015.  I absolutely do not recall having intentionally downloaded it, so I'm worried about whether that application is adware or anything dangerous.  When I tried to simply delete it by dragging the icon to Trash, a window asks me to enter my system password, which I have not done.  Please, I would appreciate any explanations of what this actually is, how it got there, if it's a security threat, and if so, how to remove it?

I am on a Macbook Air running OS 10.10.3, using the latest version of Chrome. 

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines