• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I deauthorize my computer in Adobe Digital Editions program?

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2014 Oct 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I authorized my computer with the incorrect Adobe ID, but now I cannot authorize my computer with the correct Adobe ID. It will not let me deauthorize the wrong account nor allow me to authorize the correct account.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Oct 07, 2014 Oct 07, 2014

Ctrl-Shift-D (Cmd-Shift-D Mac) should bring up a deauthorization dialog.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,
Oct 07, 2014 Oct 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ctrl-Shift-D (Cmd-Shift-D Mac) should bring up a deauthorization dialog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2015 Jul 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That only assists if one has the computer. I need to know how to reauthorise  an old computer (which I do not have) from my Adobe ID account without the computer, so I can authorise the new computer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2015 Jul 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

De-authorise  an old computer that is

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2015 Aug 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem, except I'm using the username and PW I created with my adobe account and ADE will not recognize them.  I am beyond frustrated!  So, I am unable to deactivate the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2015 Aug 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem.  I reset my password but still it says I cannot de license my computer and try later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2015 Aug 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok…Just talked to a women at the NY Public Library.  Get rid of Adobe Digital Editions 4.0…look for older versions.  I tried ADE 2.0…still didn't work.  Then I tried ADE 1.7.2 and BINGO!  Success:)

Hope this helps!

Cheri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2015 Oct 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did the same thing and deleted all versions of ADE.  I then went to Download | Adobe Digital Editions Home and/or SCL - Digital Downloads to find ADE 3.0.  Once I installed 3.0 I was able to download the book I needed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This doesn't seem to work anymore.

I have the computer and I want to deauthorize it before shifting to a new computer.  there is no menu option and control-shift-d has no effect.

How can I do this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines