• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to install flash on WinXP after performing the Adobe complete uninstall

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2015 Jul 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WinXP Pro 32 on Intel duo. 4mb RAM, 20gb free HDD.

The install process fails after 70% of the progress bar has been reached.

The message is "Installation Failed" - nothing else except a link to the diag page.

I had an old Shockwave installation so I used the uninstaller to 'clean' the system,

but the failure point is exactly the same. However, now the diag page only tells me

to install the latest flash player - I just wish I could.

What can I do now ?

Many thanks,

Fred.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi frederickp61970413,

I'd like to get some log files from you to troubleshoot further.  Please see the FAQ Where do I find the Flash Player installation log on Windows? and provide the FlashInstall.log, Adobe_ADM.log and Adobe_GDE.log files.  The FAQ contains a link at the bottom with instructions to upload the files.  Post the link to the files in your reply.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maria,

Thanks for your help, here are the log files you asked for:

Shared Files - Acrobat.com

Fred.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 08, 2015 Jul 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi frederickp61970413,

I am seeing an error in the log file.  I will need to forward this to the team that handles the online installer to investigate further.

In the mean time, please use the offline installer posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows page in the 'Still having problems' section.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2015 Jul 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked OK, many thanks Maria.

It has probably solved all the problems I was getting, as they were all in a browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2015 Jul 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again Maria,

Did your installer team find the reason for the error in the log files I sent ?

The reason I ask is that Firefox is once again complaining about the current version being vulnerable,

and this time the off-line installer doesn't solve it.

Regards,

Fred.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 14, 2015 Jul 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi frederickp61970413,

I haven't heard from them on it yet.

What do you mean by "this time the off-line installer doesn't solve it"?  What happens when you use the offline installer?

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2015 Jul 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maria,

This may just be a Firefox problem.

Previously Firefox was happy with the offline update, but some time later placed it back in the "not recommended" category,

and this was not changed by getting the very latest version. I now see today that it has resumed 'normal' status.

Also, version 18 has worked perfectly well in both cases.

I look forward to being able to do a 'normal' install.

Fred

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 17, 2015 Jul 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi frederickp61970413,

Thank you for the update.  If you encounter problems again, please post back to this thread and I'll be notified via email.  If you start a new thread, I may not see it.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PLEASE STOP SENDIN WE-MAILS TO ME FOR FLASH PLAYER.

THANKS,

DON

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi donnyboywc,

Please update your Email preferences on adobe.com to stop receiving emails.  After logging in, click on your avatar in the upper right to display the menu and then click on Preferences then edit the various notification options available.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 16, 2015 Jul 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happy to see your issue resolved fredrickp61970413. Thanks for sending the log files.

-Anindya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines