Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

WebHelp Pro Not Mapping

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2015 Jul 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

I am still trying to learn about publishing a project to the RoboHelp server 9. We have the url and our server set up and everything and right now I am only working with two topics. I have them both mapped with their individual ID's. But when I go to generate and publish the project it will only display the default page. I even tried manually changing the mapping id in the url and it would still only display the default page. What steps can I take to get back on the right track?

Thanks,

Sabrina

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you select the map file in the SSL settings? You may have to select the map file for the id's to be included in the output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! That worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Sabrina

I'm glad Willam's suggestion works. However, I'm a little confused by a couple of things you mention. When you use the "plain" (without the Pro WebHelp SSL, you do indeed get the ability to tick the Map file boxes as Willam suggests. However, when using the WebHelp "Pro" SSL you will notice there is no place for you to choose a Map file! This is because the Robohelp Server 9 (which must use the WebHelp Pro SSL) handles CSH differently.  Willam discusses this a bit on his excellent context sensitive help page:

Context sensitivity in WebHelp and FlashHelp | WvanWeelden.eu

I am not an everyday practitioner using CSH with RoboHelp Server 9, but wanted you to know about this since you are just starting out. In addition to Willam's pages, you might also check these online help references that go into a bit more detail. (these are for Rh version 11 so check the corresponding pages in your version of Rh.

Adobe RoboHelp 11 * Context-sensitive Help

Adobe RoboHelp 11 * Information for developers

I am just trying to make sure you are not trying to publish a plain WebHelp SSL instead of the correct WebHelp Pro SSL to RoboHelp Server 9. Hope I'm not muddying up the water. If so, please ignore 🙂

John Daigle

Adobe Certified RoboHelp and Captivate Instructor

Evergreen, Colorado

www.showmethedemo.com

John Daigle
Adobe Certified RoboHelp and Captivate Instructor
Newport, Oregon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2015 Jul 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi John!

Yes, I am using WebHelp Pro. I thought it had worked for the time being but when I recently went in there to log in turns out it was a fluke. I read the references you gave me and from the sounds of it, there's not somewhere in RoboHelp to fix this problem. I would have to change CSH?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp