• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player Installer: Script Error (18.0.0.209, Opera)

New Here ,
Jul 15, 2015 Jul 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi- went to update flash today, and once I did, I went about using the flash-based websites that I use.

And then I get the message to tell me that i do not have flash (as its most up-to-date version) installed, and that i need to install it.

So I click to install. Once I download, I run the file, and go to install, when I get:

FLASH.png

I troubleshooted (or is it troubleshot?) this problem, and the answer that came back was to uninstall flash, and re-install it using the script installers in this thread: Script error when trying to install Flash Player 18.

However, I still have the problem that upon restarting my PC (or browser) this has not changed. Flash is still claiming it is not up to date, and when I go to download and install it, gives me the above error before deleting itself. How on earth do I fix this? I would like to continue use of the websites I frequent, rather than wait an age for flash to finally get its finger out of its arse and update.

Thanks ❤️

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 20, 2015 Jul 20, 2015

Hi Mestaris,

The online installer team has investigated this further and identified the DPI setting as the culprit.  If the DPI setting is not set to 100%, 125%, 150%, or 200% the script error will return.  If you're DPI setting is set to something else, please set it to one of these and the online installer should work. The team is working on a fix for this.

To check/modify the DPI setting:

1. Launch Control Panel and navigate to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Display
  2. In the left menu, select S

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 15, 2015 Jul 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mestaris,

This is the online installer that is returning the scripting error.  We are investigating this.  The thread you refer to contains links to the offline installers which do not return the script error. I would also like to get verbose log files for the online installer from you to forward to the team that handles the online installer to aid in their investigation. If you have a few minutes please do the following:

1. Download the online installer from https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer
  2. Create an empty text file named ADM.trace inside your %temp% directory.  The file extension itself is .trace, not .txt or anything else.
      • Vista and above: C:\Users\<YourUserID>\AppData\Local\Temp\
      • XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<YourUserID>\Local Settings\Temp\
    • To create the empty text file, navigate to the %temp% directory, right-click in an empty area and select New > Text Document
    • Rename the new file to ADM.trace
  3. Run the online installer again until the error is returned.
  4. Two files, Adobe_ADM.log and Adobe_GDE.log will be generated.  The files are located at the following location:
    • Vista and above: C:\Users\<YourUserID>\AppData\Local\Temp\Adobe_ADMLogs
    • XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<YourUserID>\Local Settings\Temp\Adobe_ADMLogs
  5. Upload the files using the How to share a document instructions
  6. Post the following information in your reply:
    • URL to the uploaded log files
    • Operating system, including version

The offline installer is posted at the bottom of Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows page, in the 'Still having problems' section.  Download the file for Opera browser.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2015 Jul 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 17, 2015 Jul 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mestaris,

I'm not seeing an error in the log file and have forwarded this to the team that handles installer.  Can you please do the following:

1. Right-click on the file, select Properties > Details
  2. Take a screenshot of the Details tab
  3. Post the screenshot (see How to post a screenshot in the forum) in your reply

In the interim, please use the offline installer posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows page in the 'Still having problems' section.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 20, 2015 Jul 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Mestaris,

The online installer team has investigated this further and identified the DPI setting as the culprit.  If the DPI setting is not set to 100%, 125%, 150%, or 200% the script error will return.  If you're DPI setting is set to something else, please set it to one of these and the online installer should work. The team is working on a fix for this.

To check/modify the DPI setting:

1. Launch Control Panel and navigate to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Display
  2. In the left menu, select Set custom text size (DPI)
  3. In the Custom DPI Setting windows select 100%, 125%, 150%, or 200% from the drop down menu
  4. Select OK
  5. Select Apply
  6. Log off/on
  7. Online installer should now work without displaying the script error.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines