• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe CS4 products and the Windows 10 OS

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2015 Jul 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone experienced any issues running DreamWeaver (I have CS4) or PhotoShop Elements 7 on the new Windows 10 OS?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 13, 2015 Jul 13, 2015

I don't know if or how well older products will perform in Win10.  CS4 is too old to qualify for updates now.  But my guess is if it ran OK on Win 8.1, it might work with Win10.  My advice is to run the compatibility checker. Or test Win10 on a 2nd machine.

http://www.groovypost.com/howto/check-computer-runs-windows-10/

Nancy O.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 13, 2015 Jul 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if or how well older products will perform in Win10.  CS4 is too old to qualify for updates now.  But my guess is if it ran OK on Win 8.1, it might work with Win10.  My advice is to run the compatibility checker. Or test Win10 on a 2nd machine.

http://www.groovypost.com/howto/check-computer-runs-windows-10/

Nancy O.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 14, 2015 Jul 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it runs, let us know. I considering getting an older version of the suite and running as long as I can. I want to avoid the extortion that is the Cloud for as long as possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2015 Jul 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paevo,

I will definitely post if I discover any issues and...yes...I too am a bit leery of the potential freedoms lost  in a Cloud environment as well and it does feel as though it is being forced upon us. Thanks for your reply....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am a bit leery of the potential freedoms lost  in a Cloud environment...

Like what exactly?  Cloud software is a distribution method.  That's all.  The software itself is downloaded and installed on your hard drive exactly the same way perpetual licensed software was.  You save your work files to your hard drive exactly as before.  So nothing has changed on either of those fronts. 

You do not have to be online to use your software except to download it, and check your subscription status once every 30-90 days.

The main difference between Creative Cloud and the old system is users pay to lease instead of own.  But they receive regular software updates/upgrades as soon as they are available.  No more waiting 18 months between upgrade cycles.

Another advantage is that you can install Creative Cloud products on up to 2 machines at a time -- Win, Mac or Both.  Under the old system, software was platform specific -- either Win or Mac but not both.

For me, the Creative Cloud is a good deal. Of course your mileage may vary.  So why don't you try the Creative Cloud Plan free for 30 days to make an informed decision about it?  You're under no obligation to purchase anything.

Creative Cloud pricing and membership plans | Adobe Creative Cloud

Nancy O.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy,

Thanks for your reply. However, I know that W10 will run on my computer, that is not the issue. I wanted to know if there are any potential issues in running the Adobe programs in the W10 environment. Since the OS is just about to be released; I think I will keep running W7 on my desktop and try and purchase an inexpensive laptop to upgrade to W10 and use it as a test machine for W10 and compatibility. Also, yeah I know CS4 is outdated. I am hoping to afford some upgrades in the near future. Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2015 Dec 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was running CS4 on a Windows 7 PC and upgraded to Windows 10 and it worked fine.  I purchased a new PC with Windows 10 and cannot get it to install on the new computer.  The tech support for my new computer says it must not be compatible with the version of Windows 10 that comes on new computers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 16, 2015 Dec 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am fairly certain, unfortunately cannot prove it, that CS4 will run under Windows 10. Merely try this and all should be well.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2016 Feb 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also still running Windows 7 but I would like to upgrade to Windows 10.  I am still using Adobe CS4 - since retirement, money is tight and I can't afford Creative Cloud.  I work on submitting articles and have built and maintained websites for several non-profit hobby and historical organizations.  I would like to stay involved in these organizations and help them.  CS4 runs great on my current machine.  However I know that Windows 10 would not support the Display adapters on either of the two machines that I use.  I have recently replaced both with up-to-date display cards.  Hardware wise, the remaining computer is ready for Windows 10.  I have received pop-up notices from the Windows 10 upgrade icon that resides in my System Tray that indicates that there are no compatibility issues on this computer.  I just want to be sure.

Any advice and/or recommendations will be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Jim Sims

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 07, 2016 Feb 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be sure to deactivate your other installations of CS4 before you attempt to install on Win 10.

Good luck!

Nancy O.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2016 May 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded to windows 10 without even realizing that there may be a problem. I have now realized that there is a problem. I try to open files that I have created and it tells me it can not parse the file. But if I try it several times it will eventually open. I also have a hard time with trying to save files. They will act like they are saving but then they never show up and actually save. If I try it several times and sometimes restart the program, it will eventually work. I can try and wipe my desktop and revert to windows 8.1 but I am wondering if there is a fix for this, or anything I can do before I do that?

Thank you in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 07, 2016 May 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh so Win10 is not a clean install?

I hate to say this, but that's not good for many reasons.  

Old windows system junk gets left behind causing all sorts of problems

Which version of DW do you have?

Did you run the CS Cleaner tools followed by a re-installation of DW on top of Win 10 ?

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs5-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Issues with Windows 10

https://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/kb/dreamweaverandwindows10.html

Nancy O.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines