• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

3D features require min. 512MB vRAM but i have 1024MB.

Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2014 Jan 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have just installed Photoshop CC, and everytime i open the program i get a warning about "3D features require a minimum of 512MB of vRAM. Photoshop has detected less than that on your system." The problem is that i have a AMD Radeon HD 5450 with 1024MB of vRAM. I have tryed to instal the newest driver from AMD, but that did not solve the problem.

What is the problem and how to fix this?

Cheers!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You probably have a graphics configuration that consumes too much VRAM liek using multiple monitors with different settings or you have switched your driver into a specific mode e.g. for games.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2014 Jan 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, and thanks for the reply. Yes, i am running with to monitors, but the driver runs with the presets. I have tryed to run with a singel display, but did not solve the problem. I also have never changed any settings in the AMD Catalyst Control Center.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may also want to check your preferences and make sure you have GPU Acceleration selected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, and thanks for the reply Roberto. Where can i find GPU acceleration? I have looked under the performance settings in Photoshop, but i'm not allowed to set a checkmark in GPU acceleration, and i asume it is because Photoshop says that my videocard not has the required amount of memory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't say whether you're on Mac or PC.

But honestly, no matter which system you're using the ATI 5450 is outdated now.  If you want the best experience with the latest state-of-the-art graphics software, it's getting to be time to think about upgrading hardware.  For PC a great card can be had for under 200 bucks.  I happen to have (and love) a VisionTek ATI Radeon HD 7850.  It's been rock solid with Photoshop CC.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Noel, and thanks for your reply. It's a Lenovo PC. I agree on the ATI 5450 is very outdated. There mitght be nothing else to do but, to ask the CEO about an graphiccard upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2014 Oct 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

samething happens to me. i just guess the best solution is to upgrade ur PC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2015 Jul 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've also been having problems as of late with this error...
the only thing different for me, is that I've been using PS CC 2014 for 6 or 7 months with no problems, and I started getting this message just few days ago...

I'm not using multiple monitors, just one, and my PC's GPU is AMD Radeon R9 290 (2 GB)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check Preferences > Performance to see if Use GPU acceleration is still ticked.  Check the video card driver.  It is possible that an automatic update has installed a generic driver.  Windows did that to me when updating Windows 8 to 8.1 a while back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is a guess, but if you have onboard graphics, be sure Photoshop is selected to use the Radeon.

See the video section of this document. Photoshop CC 2015 crashes on launch or exit | Windows

AMD Open either Configure Switchable Graphic (laptop) or Catalyst Control Center (Desktop) and add sniffer.exe and Photoshop.exe (from C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines