Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HTTP Streaming Media Server 4.5 Help

New Here ,
Mar 11, 2013 Mar 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

We have been using Flash Media Server to successfully stream our local TV station on the internet for a few years.

In the past, we just directed a flash video player client to point to the RTMP live stream on the server.

However, we want to begin supporting iOS devices. I therefore upgraded to version 4.5. (We use RHEL.. Linux FMS Server)

I understand we need to switch over to HTML streaming. To begin, I can't get videos to stream online anymore! At this point I'm not worried about testing on an iOS devices. For purposes of this discussion, I'm just trying to get streaming working again on a flash client on a computer using the Adobe Media Sample Video Player utility. Any path I enter will not show the video stream. I'll provide details below:

On the Flash Media Encoder, it is successfully encoding the stream using VP6 with audio in MP3 (essentially same settings we've always used). Given the new 4.5 server, we are using different values to connect to the server:

fms URL: rtmp://10.16.16.1/livepkgr

stream: livestream?adbe-live-event=liveevent

It has been encoding with no errors for several days.

I can confirm the FMS service is running on the server. Video On Demand works fine from it. Our videos will stream from the VOD application.

However, when we enter the following stream URL from the sample video player: http://10.16.16.1/hds-live/livepkgr/_definst_/liveevent/livestream.f4m , it fails to connect.

I tried falling back to the old stream path we used just to get the stream working again, which was simply: rtmp://livepkgr/livestream , but this will no longer work either.

I am unable to explain why it's not working.

Any help will be appreciated!!

Alan

P.S. You can test the stream using the server's external IP address of 66.186.186.18 . This path should be working from outside, but it's not: http://66.186.176.18/hds-live/livepkgr/_definst_/liveevent/livestream.f4m

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Mar 12, 2013 Mar 12, 2013

Just stop publishing to livepkgr app and then delete .stream file under <fms_install_dir>/applications/livepkgr/event/_definst_/liveevent/. Also delete streams folder under <fms_install_dir>/applications/livepkgr/ then connect to livepkgr app and start publishing. Then check the playback.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mar 11, 2013 Mar 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alan,

I think you have made some changes to livepkgr app as I was not able to connect to livepkgr app but connection to vod app ("rtmp://66.186.176.18/vod") was successful. So, can you check in the ams master, core or edge logs if there are errors or warnings?

Also, for HDS to work, you need to place crossdomain.xml file in the webroot folder of AMS root install directory. For more details about this file, you can check the following link:

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/adobe-media-server/articles/cross-domain-xml-for-streaming.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Thank you for your reply!

I went ahead and placed the XML file into the web root and the behavior is different. Rather than failing to connect, it will connect, but recieve no data (says "buffering"). The XML file is set for now to allow access from everywhere.

I checked the log files but found no signs of an error:

2013-03-12  10:21:59    8045(i)2581224  Edge (8068) started, arguments : -edgeports ":1935" -coreports "localhost:19350" -conf "/opt/adobe/fms/conf/Server.xml" -adaptor "_defaultRoot_" -name "_defaultRoot__edge1" -edgename "edge1". -
2013-03-12  10:21:59    8045(i)2571111  Server started (/opt/adobe/fms/conf/Server.xml).    -
2013-03-12  10:22:00    8045(i)2581221  Core (8299) started, arguments : -adaptor "_defaultRoot_" -vhost "_defaultVHost_" -app  -inst  -tag "_1" -conf "/opt/adobe/fms/conf/Server.xml" -name "_defaultRoot_:_defaultVHost_:::_1".  -

2013-03-12  10:22:03    8605(i)2571011  Server starting...  -
2013-03-12  10:22:03    8605(i)2631174  Listener started ( FCSAdminIpcProtocol ) : localhost:11110/v4   -
2013-03-12  10:22:04    8605(i)2631174  Listener started ( FCSAdminAdaptor ) : 1111/v4  -
2013-03-12  10:22:05    8605(i)2571111  Server started (./conf/Server.xml). -
2013-03-12  10:22:05    8605(i)2581241  Connection to admin received.   -
2013-03-12  10:22:05    8605(i)2581243  Connection from core 8299 received. -
2013-03-12  10:22:05    8605(i)2581244  Connection from core 8299 accepted. -

It appears the only log files being updated are admin and master. These entries are from those two logs. The remaining files (core, etc..) haven't been modified since the 3.5 version of FMS.

Getting closer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just stop publishing to livepkgr app and then delete .stream file under <fms_install_dir>/applications/livepkgr/event/_definst_/liveevent/. Also delete streams folder under <fms_install_dir>/applications/livepkgr/ then connect to livepkgr app and start publishing. Then check the playback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked! We are back online! Thank you!

http://flash-server.hermonsd.org/hermon/live/video.html

Alan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 20, 2015 Jul 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

helllo Hermonschool,,

I am working on flash media server to make a server-client application. i have done my server side coding in .asc file and i hv kept .asc file in Application folder of FMs. and i hv done client side coding in action script 3.0. my problem is i dont know where to keep my client side code. and how to set fms for any particular IP address.please help me to solve my problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines