• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot delete baggage file

New Here ,
Jan 14, 2008 Jan 14, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an old project that used to have an external link via the TOC setup to a secondary project.
I have created a new project and it still has the secondary project CHM file listed in the baggage files.
When I try to delete the secondary CHM file from the baggage files, the DELETE option is disabled.

I cannot find any links in the primary help project to the secondary CHM file.
When I compile the primary help, there are 4 topics that appear in the Search from the secondary CHM file.

How can I find how or where the secondary CHM file is being referenced so I can remove those references?
I have tried the Find/Replace tool and do not see any links or references to the secondary CHM file.

Any help would be appreciated.

Michael F Weart

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 14, 2008 Jan 14, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have this in one of our projects. For some reason the baggage files are being marked as 'not user generated'

What we have to do is close robohelp, open the rhbag.apj file and either manually delete the baggage file there, or change the status to TRUE.

You might have to delete the CPD file before reopening the project in RH, but I can't remember off the top of my head.

As to why it's doing it, I have no idea, as it happens to some files and not others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2008 Jan 15, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your input, I had deleted the reference in the rhbag file and removed the external CHM file from the hard drive. Then a curious thing happened, when I compile the help project to make the CHM file the old references (6 of them) to the deleted CHM file are still in the compiled help.

This is why I think there are still references to the external CHM file and I have to find them to see if I can get this to clear out the old (and outdated) topics that don't want to go away.

Not familiar with the CPD file - but will check that out.

Thanks --

Michael F Weart

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 15, 2008 Jan 15, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Michael.
You might try using a 3rd party find and replace tool rather than RH's inbuilt tool. FAR is my favourite but BKReplacEm also gets the thumbs up from many and is free. Both have the ability to search over multiple lines of code. These should help you find the rouge entries.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp