There was LR 6.0, then LR 6.0.1, then LR 6.1. If you still have LR 6.0 then you probably need to install LR 6.0.1, first. If you already have LR 6.0.1 installed then I don't know.
Use Help / About LR or Help / System Information (first 2 or 3 lines) to find out what version of LR is installed, currently.
Here are direct download links for LR 6.0.1 and LR 6.1:
Thanks ssprengel. I tried the ProDesignTools link last night and still get:
Lightroom CC/6 update – April 2015
Update is not applicable. Error Code: U44M2P28
Did you copy and paste the link into the PSE server?
Also you can get Lightroom downloads for Windows or Mac from the following link together with system requirements. After installing LR6 use Help >> Updates to get to 6.1
To download click here to start
99jon, that seems to have allowed me to download a trial 6.0 that updated correctly thanks.
Hopefully it will work normally from now on.
Glad to help.
I had the same message as Dudley17 and others. Fairly early on after product release, I installed Lightroom 6.0 on my Mac (OS 10.10.5 Yosemite). I have done no LR updates since then. Today when I tried using the Update function in the Help Menu, no updates for LR were found, just some Camera Raw updates. Then when I went directly to the Adobe web site to get the update patches (link below), the updates to LR 6.0.1 and LR 6.1.1 failed. I did not try LR 6.2 because I understand there may be some usability issues according to some bloggers. To make a long story short, here is what I did to get a successful update to LR 6.1.1:
1. Uninstall LR 6.0 using the uninstall application in the LR folder in Applications. Do not check the box to remove preferences.
2. Reinstall LR 6.0 using the install package from the original installation (Lightroom_6_LS11.dmg). If you don't have this package, you can download it at:
Download Photoshop Lightroom . Click the Application Installers: Mac OS X, Downloads.
3. After installation, open LR and provide the necessary Product Serial Number.
4. Quit LR.
5. From the Adobe site (Download Photoshop Lightroom) download the patch Lightroom 6.0.1/2015.0.1
6. Apply this patch.
7. From the Adobe site (Download Photoshop Lightroom) download the patch Lightroom 6.1.1/2015.1.1
8. Apply this patch.
Perhaps steps 5 & 6 could be eliminated. I don't know. The above worked for me. What a pain in the back side.