Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pause Playback Control???

New Here ,
Jan 15, 2008 Jan 15, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning!

I'm a bit frustrated with my playback control at the moment. Hope someone can help me...
I've put together a short slide with audio and want to utilize a playback skin that cap3 is bundled with. The only problem I'm having at the moment is after export, allowing the user to hit the play and having the swf/audio begin. At the moment, the audio and swf are starting into things on their own.

Any advice out there on what to do so I can have the user control the swf, not the other way around? Thank you!!!!
TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Melissa

You may pause the first slide by inserting a Click Box object (Or a Button or a Text Entry Box, but I'm assuming your only goal is to pause it, not solicit input or present a button )

You may also configure the Click Box object for "No Action".

Hopefully this was helpful... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

Thanks for your reply. I only have 1 slide in the entire project, so adding a click box doesn't appear to have solved my problem. Do you have any other ideas that might work? I hate that the pre-bundled skins just launch right into everything without letting the user determine when they want the swf file to start. I hope the next version corrects that problem! :o)

Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Melissa,

The process Rick mentioned *is* the method used to let the user determine when things start.

I'm guessing your audio is attached to the slide? If so, then you need to insert a "splash" slide *before* the audio slide and add a button/click box to determine when the user goes to the second slide (and thus when all the good stuff starts).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources