• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem since the new version of flash (a few days ago)

New Here ,
Jul 20, 2015 Jul 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, since the last flash update a few days ago I've been experiencing this problem where some regular videos and videos in apps (such as Kodi ) don't show any video, audio is perfectly fine but video is all just black, I can use Youtube just fine, I can use Twitch just fine, but some videos (even some Facebook ones) i can't see anything.

I have Windows 7 64bit

Browser is Chrome (PPAPI) but I dont think it matters as I have the problem also in apps not only in chrome.

My flash version is 18.0.0.209

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 21, 2015 Jul 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try going here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.html

At the bottom of the page there are the OFFLINE installers. This will be for Firefox, opera or IE, NOT CHROME. Google is responsible for updating Chrome, but if you go to chrome://components or chrome://plugins )

Pick the one you need.

Make sure all browsers are closed after you download them

install it if need be

Some notes regarding Chrome:

1) IN chrome://plugins make sure that NPAPI is disabled and PPAPI flash is enabled )

2) chrome://components should show the current version 209. if it does not and you cannot update it here, there is a issue somewhere ( later on that )

3) go to : chrome://settings/clearBrowserData and use the following setting and clear it:

I had issues with certain websites in the past, and doing this resolved it, Possibly in combination with the rest.

IF in step 2 above you cannot update flash in chrome://components Then I suggest doing an uninstall of chrome, but leaving your data, yes there is an option

then go to: Chrome Browser

YES, it is a beta, but I never had any issues with it, and it is 64bit as well, that should resolve the issue regarding flash player in: chrome://components

Hope one of those things assists you

Best Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did not help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

so you are stating that you did everything mentioned related to chrome?

from steps 1,2,3 and uninstalling and re-installing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines