Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installing Coldfusion 7.x on Vista with IIS

Jul 09, 2007 Jul 09, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As usual, Adobe arent on the ball with this problem and are leaving it to everyone else to resolve with hacks and the like.

I have read and followed the instructions here http://www.communitymx.com/content/article.cfm?page=1&cid=224AA but cannot understand why the author includes instructions for deleting CF at the end?

Anyway, does anyone any idea how to get Coldfusion 7 running under Vista.
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nightfall_Blue wrote:
> As usual Adobe arent on the ball with this problem. Anyone any idea how to do this.

Other then that it is OFFICALLY unsupported. Doing with the fact the
MX7 came out years before Vista. Now MX 8 in Release Candidate 2 as of
today, does support Vista.

But there are blogs out there that explain the various workarounds and
limitations of installing MX 7 on Vista.

http://www.communitymx.com/content/article.cfm?cid=224AA
http://michael.omnicypher.com/search/label/CFMX7

Are two that Google turned up for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see. maybe MX8 is the way to go. The workarounds I have used to date, including the first one in the list, I just cannot seem to make work.

However, Vista has been out long enough for Adobe to make some minor changes to the install program to place the correct DLLs, which according to Heidi Bautista and other who have got it working, seem to be the only issue. Many people with new machines are going to be using vista, and not through choice. If this web site is anything to go by, then they're just sleeping on the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 10, 2007 Jul 10, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
CF8 Beta installed pretty seamlessly but cant connect to SQL 2005 for some reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation