• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Navigating RH's own help

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2008 Jan 16, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was looking for Save As and the best I could find was Rename. Alright, I go to do it to see what happens (maybe RH uses Rename to mean Save As?) and click the Help button on the dialog box that allows me to set the new name.

Under Rename Projects is a button Related Topics. Sure, I would like to know more--maybe it will tell me how to Save As--so I click one of the topics, read it, and then want to go back to what I was reading before, namely Rename Projects, to read the other related topics I'd seen.

Except there's no back button. Keys that are typically used for navigating back (alt or ctrl left arrow, page up/down, home/end, &c.) don't work. The icing on top is that the bread crumb is absolute, not relative (meaning it shows me where the topic exists only related to its parents, not where I actually came from from, which doesn't help).

So how do I navigate back to the other related topics? The only way seems to be that I have to close the help altogether and go back to the original Rename dialog box and click Help and start all over again and drill back down from the top.

Am I missing something?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have made Adobe very aware that the online help does not follow the methods that RoboHelp itself creates. Pending that being fixed, go to Tools | Options and tick the Use Offline Help option.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, that didn't seem to make any difference in behavior. What's the benefit of clicking that option? Is there an unseen/stability issue or such?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quote:

Originally posted by: Peter Grainge
We have made Adobe very aware that the online help does not follow the methods that RoboHelp itself creates.

That's ... something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should have made a big difference. The whole navigation is different between online and offline and they are different visually, obviously different. It is just that it accesses two different help systems. Nothing to do with stability. You really are determined to keep knocking at every opportunity.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, honestly swear-to-RoboGod it looks the same as before. I'm not trying to be a pill.

Maybe we're talking about different things.

Here's what I did:

1. Went to: File->Rename Project
2. Clicked the Help button in the lower right corner of the dialog box (underneath OK and Cancel). The Rename Project help screen appeared. The breadcrumb is: Home > Projects > Working with projects > Rename projects
3. Clicked the Related Topics button at the bottom of the screen and selected Save projects, whereupon that help screen appears with the breadcrumb Home > Projects > Working with projects > Save projects

Whether I follow those steps with Tools/Options/Use Online Help checked or not, what I see is just the same, with the same breadcrumb, navigation behavior, fonts, colors, layout, and everything.

Come to think of it just now, wouldn't online (meaning over the Internet?) be better because at least then I could use my browser's own back button to navigate, or at least open new topics in a new tab? We must be talking about different things, our RHs are accessing help in a different manner, or I've not turned something on that you have that should be, or something.

>You really are determined to keep knocking at every opportunity.

Knocking? I don't follow...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I hadn't appreciated what they have done with the CSH. My apologies.

About to email my contacts. Suggest you use the offline help and access it from the RH menu, rather than using CSH.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp