• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

captivate phonoegap tincan

Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2015 Jul 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have come across two issues using captivate 8 , they are driving me insane, hardly any information available!

I have created an e-learning app using captivate and published in HTML5 for Tincan. When uploading to Scorm cloud it runs ok and tracking works.

But if you package the zip using phonegap build it would not upload to phonegap, it throws error 'index.html missing'.  So I renamed the index_TINCAN.html to index.html.  Now phone gap creates the app for ipad.

After installing it on ipad, the application throws error saying no LRS found.

The second issue is the html5 out from captivate 8 just wont run on mozilla Firefox.

If any one has any solution or suggestion, would be a great help.

Thanks

Saj

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jul 23, 2015 Jul 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never tried a PhoneGap build, but if it requires an index.html file, then maybe just make a very simple one that auto-redirects (meta refresh?) to the index_tincan.html...

I'm pretty sure that index_tincan.html needs to be there with the current name for the API requirements, as you're seeing in the error message.

Otherwise post at the PhoneGap forums to see if there's a way to specific an index.html file?

PhoneGap Build Customer Community

On the second issue, an HTML5 published project *should* work on FF, but you see the warning message, correct? If you dismiss the message, does the project work? In all cases I've tested (admittedly not extensive), it's worked fine.

From this thread:

Re: How to remove browser warning message in HTML 5 Cap 6 projects?

"The warning can be suppressed by adding the following line in the AdobeCaptivate.ini file from the installation folder. The code should be added in the third line of the .ini file. It worked for me and many, so...... give a try...."

SuppressIncompatibleBrowserMessage = 1

But read that thread as there are other suggestions too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2015 Jul 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Erik

Thanks for the suggestions much appreciated!

I will try the index.html redirect to see if that works.

For the second issue, I have tried the suppressing captivate error message using:

SuppressIncompatibleBrowserMessage = 1

That only suppresses the messages, but I get blank white screens with no content, after few seconds it jumped again to another screen with one of the shaded backgrounds without any content.

I think for some people it works depending on the content perhaps. I am using captivate 8.0.1.

Saj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2015 Jul 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Erik

I have now tried the index.html redirect to index_tincan.html. I still get the same error message!

Saj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources