• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

an agent said i needed to use a forum for my problem, I got a new computer and tried to authorized it to download ebooks, which works but it won't let me transfer to my Nook. whenever I try to authorized it again, it says I made a mistake and can't go for

Jul 23, 2015 Jul 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had adobe digital editions on my old computer, where I downloaded ebooks, then transferred to my Nook (e reader), all worked fine.  Now I tried to "authorize" my Adobe for my new computer, it will let me download, but not transfer to the Nook.  Can anyone help?  An Agent with Adobe said I had to come to the forum, don't know why, seems he could have helped me.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you were given bad information... no other user at an open forum (this is not Adobe support) is going to be able to help with an authorization/registration problem

However, asking in the forum for the software you are using MAY result in someone having information on a fix to your problem

If you will start at the Forums Index https://forums.adobe.com/welcome

You will be able to select a forum for the specific Adobe product(s) you use

Click the "down arrow" symbol on the right (where it says All communities) to open the drop down list and scroll

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[topic moved to ADE forum]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2015 Sep 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK, problem solved for me. Here is what I did. First I plugged in my Nook, then I went to the drive that it was on, in this case "F". I found the Adobe Digital Editions file folder and deleted it. Then I deleted my copy of Adobe Digital Edition off my computer, using Geek Uninstaller. Then I downloaded the newest version of ADE (4.3), then installed it on my computer. Went to my my library's online e-book website and downloaded a book. Forget the book you had on there before, because it will say you already downloaded it to your device. Then I opened ADE, and before it would let me see if the book was even there, it prompted me to authorize my computer, which I did, using my Adobe account info. Then when that was done, I plugged in my Nook, and it recognized it and authorized it. Dragged the book to my Nook, and it worked. Looked in my Nook and there it was.

I hope this helps others with the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines