• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there an alternative to adobe flash player?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2012 Apr 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am sick and tired of adobe flash crashing on my PC. Is there an alternative to it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mean the matter is pretty serious just read this article:
http://news.yahoo.com/r-p-adobe-flash-crashes-wont-missed-161557320.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flashiskillingmypc wrote:

Hi, I am sick and tired of adobe flash crashing on my PC. Is there an alternative to it?

Yes there is: it's called Microsoft Silverlight, but you won't find many sites using it. Those that do like Netflix for example are the type of sites which don't want users downloading movie content to their own machines. Microsoft's DRM technology prevents that.

But why don't you post your OS and browser (specify whether it's 32-bit of 64-bit) and maybe we can try and fix your problem for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2012 Jun 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all thank you for replying. I am an advanced computer user and would not post my computer specification here. I assure you Flash Player must be limitted to play videos and animations. In effect, Adobe with it Flash Player plug-ins is behaving like a Malware??? Storing cookies, accessing system files, logging users activities without their consent is a bit like behaving like a Virus. Not even the CIA has so much information about computer users! Many are realising that flash player need to be stopped if not the software is destroying the fun of watching videos on Internet. Adobe Flasher Player marketing team and their CEOs they need to be stopped from damaging further computer's cpus and hard disks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 05, 2014 Aug 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I totally agree. Not only is the constant crashing frustrating it has to be doing harm to my system. I have uninstalled it; then I am unable to watch any videos on line, so I reinstall it in the hope that somehow it will have miraculously improved - sadly to no avail. Is there no alternative or is this just another example of a monopoly testing our patience level? If so I have exceeded mine and have had to stop myself several times from giving my laptop flying lessons. Do you -as an advanced user- think that there is any way to hold this company responsible for shoddy workmanship and non-existent follow up services? I would be willing to support such an effort, as the time it may take can only balance out the time that I have wasted trying to restart/revamp my PC over the past year!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 09, 2014 Aug 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used Flash Player since version 6; I use it on a daily basis, and I have never ever experienced any crash on any browser.

From all the hundreds of people who are complaining about Flash Player crashes, nobody has ever provided any viable crash information, so how can Adobe possibly investigate these crashes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2014 Aug 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted in another thread about a problem with flash locking up my laptop and no one has come up with a solution.  I gave the model of my laptop, operating system etc.  I will do so again, not that I expect Adobe to give me a solution.  Currently I have uninstalled flash player as it makes my laptop unusable. 

It is an Asus Zenbook 302a which as a Core I7 processor, Running Win 8.1, 10GB memory ( problem was also present with 4gb of RAM),  If someone replies with a solution, if they are from Adobe I will be astounded.

Another question I have does the online version of photoshop and Lightroom need a working version of flash to run?  At the moment I am not going to risk signing up to a monthly fee if it won't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2015 Jul 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have had an entire month of this constant crashing. My computer has decided to not allow Adobe to work, because it is vulnerable to attack. I cannot change any settings in my security software to override this either. I am seriously considering going off the grid and becoming a hermit, this is driving me crazy....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 24, 2015 Jul 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy Ludwig wrote:

My computer has decided to not allow Adobe to work, because it is vulnerable to attack.

Meaning you are using an outdated version; update to the current version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2015 Jul 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish that were the answer, however it is the latest version. I have solved my problem right now by removing flash player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2016 Jan 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In reviewing the various responses, I have not seen any information about browsers that are affected.  My usual choice is Firefox, and that is crashing frequently.  However, when I use Internet Explorer Flash doesn't crash.  Does this mean I have a Firefox problem, not a Flash problem?

Both packages do automatic updates, so the programs are up-to-date.  I submit "crash reports" to Mozilla, but have not gotten any feedback from them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 03, 2016 Feb 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Please try below steps. I believe it must resolve the issue if you are using Firefox Nightly:

1) Type "about:config" in the address bar of Firefox Nightly and search for dom.ipc.plugins.asyncdrawing.enabled and set it as false

2) Now play the videos.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines