Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH7 and Captivate 3

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2008 Jan 16, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Folks,

Apologies if this has been posted before but I did a search and couldn't find anything.

I have played around with inserting a movie generated by Captivate 3 into RH7. All is well with using the Captivate button if your movie doesn't have a skin; however, if it does, it gets problematic. I know that we can add it to the baggage folder, but at the moment I can't seem to find my baggage folder in RH7 - it's not in the Project Manager pod as suggested by the woeful Adobe-style help.

The best way appears to be to import the HTML file generated by Captivate - then all the files are successfully imported.

Thanks,
Donal

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you click the left icon in Project Manager, you will revert to the traditional view and you will find Baggage Files there. Not sure where it is in the new view. Investigating.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok - done a bit more testing and the above method causes an error if you are publishing to a CHM.

My reason for trying the above is that sometimes when I use the Captivate button in RH7 to import a movie and click on the skin swf file it works and all swfs are imported fine (including any full motion swfs) ; other times nothing happens. It might be some kind of memory issue, even though I have 2 gigs of RAM.

Has anyone experienced similar issues?

Thanks,
Donal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some more observations.

I found that the error message in the CHM was a result of a Google Analytics tracking script that I added to the movie htm files - removing this stopped the error - my bad! (These movies were not for distribution - we would be hosting them.)

As I said, the default method of importing (i.e. using the Captivate button in RH7 to import the swf's into an existing RH7 topic by clicking on the skin swf) sometimes stops working. Furthermore, the HTML files generated by this method suffer from the 'Click to Activate' bug.

Therefore, the best way appears to be to import the HTML file generated by Captivate and not to use the native RH7 Captivate button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have had this issue. The worse case senerio with me is RH7 freezes and stops reponding.
I couldn't image it was a memory issue as I'm working with 3 gigs of Ram.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2008 Jan 17, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
NJV20 - did you try importing the HTML file generated by Captivate?

To my mind, the major advantage of doing it this way (apart from the fact that it works) is that you don't get the 'Click to Activate' error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp