• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

is it possible - conceptually speaking - to think to a Flash Next without affecting AS3?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2015 Jul 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... I mean, AVM3 with AS3? [for developers a transition without pain, just a matter of a clean recomplation]

(hoping not to be redundant nor too in late times)

shouldn't it relaunch the flash marketplace? is it not enough to plan stereo-earnings in the case in which Adobe is able to achieve the expectations required by the IT world to a new flash era?

a new flash era isn't in adb plans?

btw, is an AVM3 really required -- going beyond videogames?

I'm reading flash/air is based on an obsolete programming approach (no link, the article is in italian).

Chris?

Massimiliano Carli

http://www.mc2labs.net

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[html5/js] why not to compete as a re-emerging clientside technology

we have decades (to work not to wait) and the Internet/IT boundaries are in extreme expansion

flash runtime is like THC for the software approach it offers [at his development layer].

-- a million dollars is not cool

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it could appear a foolish question.. but I try to paint with simplicity a complex consideration to make.

if we have to build the hardware GUI of the system in the picture (see attachment) but using software, via an App, would you use browser+html5+javascript or flash/air [as clientside]?

nuclearcentralcontrolpanel.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2015 Jul 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

.. adobe folk is sleeping ..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2015 Jul 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Macromedia/Flash: was good to be acquired by Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe was not Microsoft for Macromedia.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would ask an Adobe CEO change for this.

Adobe = no gas (Flash had to remain a viable alternative to new HTML5/etc/*)

see also: Air is Dead (locked)

"imho" - from venice with love for flash/air runtime (with subtitles in english for you after the not-RTMFP call.)

Ska-J - Socco - YouTube

this is my way to fight the .. System

--

edit: published on: Mc2labs RealTime Industries | Visual QNX project + WebTelcom5 VideoCollaboration Internet Centralino...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 25, 2015 Jul 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

-

is it possible to know how many subscriptions of Photoshop are active in 2015?

and how many copies of Photoshop Adobe sold in 2003?

and how many copies of Macromedia Flash Macromedia sold in the same year, 2003?

and may I know how many subscriptions to Flash family products (Flash, Flash Builder, etc, server products) are active today in 2015?

and the same for both @ 2011 beginning?

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2015 Jul 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

let's see things by this point of view:

adobe-pow.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2015 Jul 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe, what the web will not be.

:HA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2015 Aug 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, ok.

let's see what it is possible to do with html5/js -- "flash speaking". (may be I will report)

websockets are going to be implemented in my plain java app server (thanking god for 100% java java_websocket).

A day I will come at Adobe headquarter to smoke a cigarette within 25 fts from the building to disappoint.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Smoking isn't a good idea.

Flash Pro can publish to HTML5. Did you watch the webinars about that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colin,

> Flash Pro can publish to HTML5. Did you watch the webinars about that?

I know there is (or there was) the possibility to export flash to html5/js, but I never considered it because it sounds like a joke in my complex scenario.

e.g.:

1) my apps must be _super_ optimized, they are composed of a lot of software submodules (which loads and eventually unloads) and must work mostly in background mostly 24h/24 and sometimes for days. I'm not speaking of small (in concurrent objects/movieclips) foreground-only apps. I don't belive in exporters. (am I in wrong?)

2) by project default guideline I need to load from the web external components in everyapp (approach which is not available on IOS, I know). All my AIR apps and all my flash-based webapps are simply based on an initial first swf launcher which loads the application components at bootstrap. (if this approach will be still available to me :/) .. does it works exporting to HTML5??

no I did not watch anything about exporting to html5 from flash. have I?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> A day I will come at Adobe headquarter to smoke a cigarette within 25 fts from the building to disappoint.

btw

[all platforms] "why flash live encoder subsystem is so lagged inside?!"

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1893187

[android] "when I switch from my app to another I can hear sounds from my app (which is not more in foreground) but I can't hear the audio coming from the netstreams that the app has subscribed"

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1897159

not answered. and more (e.g. sometimes sockets closes after a while when apps are not in foreground.. and I should investigate more on it but see above p1 and p2.. too much things.. Adobe I give up. flash is non standard and not secure and we do not know what can happen in the future.... of course not an AVM3 with AS3?).

I love you Flash. Bang.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2015 Aug 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines