• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cannot find the HTML browser installed on your system

Explorer ,
Jan 17, 2008 Jan 17, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guys forgive me if you have answered this before, I have tried a search of previous issues TNA.

I have reloaded R/H 6 to my laptop (with full admin rights set against my user name) everything except works except generating in Microsoft HTML Help I get the following error when I click Finish: cannot find the HTML browser installed on your system

Any ideas welcome. With thanks, J

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JayRichard

You might try the following.

Inside RoboHelp HTML, click Tools > Options...
Click the Tool Locations tab
At the bottom of the dialog should be an area listing "Browser paths". You should see one for Internet Explorer and one for Netscape. Try clicking the little file folder icon to the right of one of them. (Whichever browser you are using)
Navigate to and select the executable file for the browser. Mine for Internet Explorer says:
D:\Program Files\...\iexplore.exe (The full path is D:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
Dismiss the dialogs by clicking the Open and OK buttons until they are all gone.

Keep us posted on whether this helps... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick

Have just tried that out (was pointing to the iexplore.exe anyway but relected just in case) same error when I try to generate so no joy there I'm afraid.

Cheers, J

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

One other thing to try is this. Right-click any topic in your help and examine properties. Click the File tab. Then the Open Folder button. Now right click any of your .HTM files and choose Open With and finally "Choose Program". Configure IE as the default so it's the default for your system. Then dismiss all the dialogs.

Give that a go and let us know if it works!

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awww I think we are getting closer to the issue as I click the open folder button my windows explorer hangs so I am unable to get to my .htm files.

Best, J

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 30, 2008 Jan 30, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Guys,

OK I resolved the issues mentioned here by completely rebuilding my laptop form scratch and then reloading Robohelp.

However (urgghh!) now I find that when I try to enter my source files Windows Explorer crashes (no error) when the folder is clicked.

Note: I can get to the source folder / files from within Robohelp the above issue only impacts Windows Explorer

Please any ideas would be great. J.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your file associations in Windows Explorer.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp