Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

About Help image does not appear

Explorer ,
Jan 11, 2008 Jan 11, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoboHelp X5.2 Webhelp output

A logo created as a jpg to be used as an About Help button will only appear when compiled on my hard drive.

I got rid of the powered by Robohelp button and created a company image in jpg format for the About Help button.
In my project I double-clicked on the skin, and then the About Button, selected the jpg for the About Button image, selected a gif to use in the About Help dialog box, added company information, company name, etc.

Part of skin code ----------------
<toolbaritem mode="Logo Mode" type="built-in-logo" id="7">
<name>About</name>
<image>selected:napa_logo_blue.jpg?</image>
--------------

I compiled to my local drive. Everything works. The jpg logo appears on the top right-hand side, and when you click on it, the About Help dialog box opens with the gif image and other information.

However, the development team compiled the help along with the application to one of their test boxes. The jpg image does not appear. Instead, a small white box with a red x and the words About Help appears. When you click on this the About Help dialog box opens with all the correct information including the gif image.

Both images reside in the skin folder on my hard drive. When I compile the project they reside in the main folder with all the htm files and js files.

Not sure how to resolve this.

DM

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add the jpg to the Baggage folder: RH is kinda dumb about recognizing images and stuff that aren't actually linked from within a topic.

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Leon,

I'll try this. Do I need to place this file in the Baggage Files/images folder or can it placed in the main Baggage Files folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 14, 2008 Jan 14, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right click on the Baggage Files folder in RH, select New Baggage File, locate file and click Open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2008 Jan 17, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I am also having this problem. I've just converted a project from RH X5 to RH v7. In X5 the .gif file attached to the About button worked fine. In RH 7 nothing appears. I've tried adding the .gif to the Baggage files but it's still broken. Any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp