• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moved to new PC - installed Digital Editions but can't copy downloaded ebooks to my ereader. May be to do with authorizing Computer??

Jul 25, 2015 Jul 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried Chat Support but they have said they are not trained on this 'App'.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Jul 26, 2015 Jul 26, 2015

No-one seems to be answering these questions but I managed a partial solution myself - My computer had been registered without an Adobe Id. It was necessary to de-activate that Id by typing Ctrl-Shift-D. Then I could activate with my old ID (email address) and password.

This enabled me to then download another book and transfer it to my Nook. The ebooks that I had earlier downloaded but not able to copy were still unavailable as they had been downloaded to my earlier, incomplete activation. I del

Votes

Translate

Translate
Jul 26, 2015 Jul 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No-one seems to be answering these questions but I managed a partial solution myself - My computer had been registered without an Adobe Id. It was necessary to de-activate that Id by typing Ctrl-Shift-D. Then I could activate with my old ID (email address) and password.

This enabled me to then download another book and transfer it to my Nook. The ebooks that I had earlier downloaded but not able to copy were still unavailable as they had been downloaded to my earlier, incomplete activation. I deleted these and now have to wait for them to expire in 20 days before I can download them again to my new activation Adobe Id.

However, I can now download new books.

Frustrating and annoying that there is no support for this product and no other alternative. Perhaps someone else knows of one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2015 Dec 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Having the same issue and glad to have at least a partial answer.  Hate that I will have to wait for the borrow to expire to download again as I wanted to read the book.  Oh well, at least I'll be able to read something else now!  Thanks for the info!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines