• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fix the search parameters of a Web App and then display the results?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2015 Jul 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to predefine the search results of the Web App and then have the results displayed when the user arrives on the search page?

I'm trying to display a list of items that appear in multiple categories only. For example:

When you use the search option you can request that the results only show you items that appear in categories A, C and D. To be clear, I don't need to see a list of all the items in categories A, C and D, only the items that appear in all three categories.

Any ideas? There doesn't seem to be anyway of doing this via the Toolbox, sadly.

TOPICS
Web apps

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One way I know of is using ajax to perform the search when the user lands on a page. This page will have the search form with only the fields that you wish to use to search on it. Hard code the "values". I will point out though, that since you are using javascript to fetch the results and then display them, it is not beneficial to seo, its as if nothing is showing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I also wanted to add that this is also possible with liquid, but you are limited to a collection of 500 items. If you had a total of lets say 700 items, then it will not work. Yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines