• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installing Flash Player updates on an old computer

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2015 Jul 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Windows XP with Service Pack 3. My browser is Firefox 39.0. I haven't been able to install any Flash Player updates since 18.0.0. Recently I had to uninstall Flash Player because of constant problems with the plug-in container (crashes). I downloaded 18.0.0.209 from https://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/latest/help/install_flash_player.exe. The installer shows the installation as complete, but when I go to Flash Player Help and click "Check Now", it still shows only the earlier version, and I can't see any animation. "Add or Remove Programs" shows Adobe Flash Player 18 NPAPI is installed, but doesn't show the file size.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 26, 2015 Jul 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please check the below link for installation issue:

Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2015 Jul 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Jasbeer. Unfortunately, I have already tried all the suggestions on the link you posted, and none of them work, or I would not have written. The installer for Flash Player updates after 18.0.0 simply does not open on my desktop, or rather, it opens with a blank window that says "Adobe Download Manager" but has no content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi susanw74832633

Could you please go to this page: Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows

Scroll down to the bottom and look for a section titled "Still having problems?".  In that section, please click and download the link titled Flash Player for Firefox - NPAPI.  Try running that installer and see if it helps.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the suggestion, but I've already tried that, along with other solutions on that page. Nothing works.

Susan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I read your last post (which talked about Adobe download manager) and neglected to read your first.

Ok, so if it's still detecting the older version, let's try these uninstall steps first:

1. Download the Flash Player uninstaller: uninstaller
  2. Close your browsers
  3. Run the uninstaller
  4. Open your C:\Windows\system32\macromed\flash folder and verify that the FlashPlayerPlugin files have been deleted.
  5. Run the installer that you had previously downloaded here: https://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/latest/help/install_flash_player.exe
    •     Note, this shouldn't be the ADM installer since that's not even running for you
  6. Once installed, launch your browser and check your version again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again, but that didn't work either. I followed all your instructions, but what happens is that the installer gets to 100%, I click the DONE button, but when I check Add or Remove Programs, Adobe Flash Player 18 NPAPI is still there, but with no file size. In other words, it isn't really installed on my hard drive. I also checked online, and it still says version 18.0.0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm, can you upload the flashinstall.log file?  Instructions for finding this file and uploading it can be found in the FAQ below.  No need for the ADM log at this point since the stand alone installer is failing for you.

Where do I find the Flash Player installation log on Windows?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, here it is. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you post the link (instructions are included at the bottom of the FAQ)?  Attachments are not allowed on the forum.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, where is the camera icon? I don't see it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try these steps, you shouldn't have to post a screenshot.  Just a link.

How to share a document

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2015 Jul 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, this didn't work either. I was able to sign in, but on the Adobe Document Cloud/PDF Services page, when I clicked Files, nothing happened.

Also, I had to disable my security software before I could even sign in, and even then, it seemed to be fighting me all the way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines