• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

every time i start to play a video, i'm prompted to "install updated flash player" when i have done both an online version update and a clean install.. what is causing this notice ?

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2015 Jul 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In order to provide help as quickly as possible, please put the following information into your post:

• Your operating system & version :  WINDOWS XP PRO w/SP3
  • Your web browser(s) & version : SRware IRON v35 (Chrome 35.0.1900.0)
  • Your Flash Player version : 18.0.0.203
  • Explain your problem in step-by-step detail if possible: When i click on a video or navigate to a streaming source, a small pop-up appears in the middle of the address bar stating that i "need to install flash player" yet i know i've installed it and even the adobe version check page shows the number of my installation, and i'm able to see the animated tree in the adobe test page..  if i click "allow this time" the message accepts this and uses my current version, which is supposedly obsolete - not !  this may sound trivial until you've had to do it 50 or 75 times, then it's not annoying, it's irritating !

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 27, 2015 Jul 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

HI OS3-2011,

18.0.0.203 is not the latest version of Flash Player.  The latest version is 18.0.0.209.  Please do the following:

1. Provide the FlashInstall.log file
    1. Upload the FlashInstall.log file saved at C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash using the instructions How to share a document
    2. Post the URL to the upload file in your reply
  2. Post a screenshots of your system info:
    1. Go to chrome://plugins and click the Details button on the upper right corner
      1. search for the Flash Player entry and take a screenshot (see How to post a screenshot in the forum‌) of the detailed info
    2. Go to chrome://versions
      1. take a screenshot of the version information
    3. Post both screenshots in your reply

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines