• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flashplayer 18 is installed on Win 7 and enabled in both browsers BUT does not work!

Explorer ,
Jul 23, 2015 Jul 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated to the newest Flashplayer 18 (without the added optional programs) for both IE and Firefox Browsers

and the FP does not work!  FP is enabled in the browser!!!

PC is OS Win 7 - 64 bit.

I tried doing a clean install and still does not work.... No website recognizes that the program is installed... including your own troubleshooter.

I sure hope you are sending out a new update that works....

The last version 17 worked fine with 64 bit....
I cannot do anything now on the net with this new version and
yes I downloaded and installed the correct versions, according to what your website detected upon download and installation.

Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows

Adobe installed.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jul 28, 2015 Jul 28, 2015

Green screen is now gone - I right clicked while Flash Player video was "green" and disabled hardware acceleration.

Flash Player 18 had defaulted back to enable hardware acceleration and my PC needs that option off.

I have no idea why it took 5 days for websites to actually recognize that FP 18 was actually installed on my PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 24, 2015 Jul 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exactly does "not work" mean?  Can you post a screenshot: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1070933

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 27, 2015 Jul 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Websites were not recognizing that the program was even installed.  Websites kept asking me to install the program, even though Flash Player 18 was installed. The trouble shooting website (Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows) kept saying that no Flash Player was installed on my pc and/or was not enabled.

As can be seen in the photo above, Flash Player is installed and Flash Player is enabled in both Firefox and Explorer browsers.

I just tried the Installation problems website again and now finally - the website is recognizing that the program is actually installed.

Today for the first time!!! -.For whatever reason, Flash Player 18 is now being recognized as being installed on my PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update - Some of Shockwave flash player games are playing, some start to play but go to a black screen, and NBC videos show a green screen.

At least the trouble shooting website realizes that the program is installed...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Green screen and similar indicate an outdated graphics driver; see https://forums.adobe.com/thread/945765

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 28, 2015 Jul 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Green screen is now gone - I right clicked while Flash Player video was "green" and disabled hardware acceleration.

Flash Player 18 had defaulted back to enable hardware acceleration and my PC needs that option off.

I have no idea why it took 5 days for websites to actually recognize that FP 18 was actually installed on my PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines