• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I need to know where I can change the serial number for Acrobat X after imaging PC's.

Participant ,
Aug 07, 2012 Aug 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We order Dell computers with Acrobat X Std and Office 2010 pre-installed. We do not get media, but we do get the serial numbers on cards with each PC. We create an image of a PC the way we want it with our most commonly used programs, settings and customization. We use Windows 7 sysprep with a unattended.xml answer file and some scripts when we are done. When this is finished we image the machine and deploy it on others so everything starts with the same configuration.When the PC is freshly imaged all we have to do is name it (we use our asset tag) and join it to the domain. Then we go into appwiz.cpl (add/remove programs) and click on Microsoft Office 2010, then the change button then choose enter a product key. We enter the key from the card that shipped with the physical computer.

Now I don’t see a place to do this for Adobe. We are legit and pay extra per PC to Dell so we get the software license code on a card, as we do with Office. I just want to ensure that everything is kosher.

I know that sometimes after a PC is deployed, in a few days or weeks we may get a tech support call where the user has an Adobe Acrobat duplicate license detected screen. We remote on and just enter the new serial number from the proper key card we got from Dell. But I want to head this off at the pass here and ensure the licensing is working at deployment so we don’t have to take these calls a few days or weeks later.

Any idea where the change product key is? I tried the change function in appwiz.cpl but it looked like it would just take me to a reinstaller. It’s important that it does not mess with settings because I need one of our servers in the enhanced security trusted site area, as well as Topaz.GemPlus in our default signing, and a few other settings that carried over from us customizing it under the local Administrator and then setting the CopyProfile=True flag in unattended.xml answer file prior to sysprep.

TOPICS
Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 17, 2012 Oct 17, 2012

Hi,

What I understand from your post is that you want to re-serialize your Acrobat installation with a different serial or change the product key. You can do that using APTEE tool with steps as mentioned in Section 1.8.2 of Enterprise Guide - http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/837/cpsid_83709/attachments/Acrobat_Enterprise_Administration.pdf

I did try it on my Win 7 machine. The steps I followed were:

1. Install Acrobat X using a serial (Will change this serial later)
  2. Downloaded and installed AAME 2.1
  3. Run command

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2012 Oct 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having exactly the same problem. Anyone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 17, 2012 Oct 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

What I understand from your post is that you want to re-serialize your Acrobat installation with a different serial or change the product key. You can do that using APTEE tool with steps as mentioned in Section 1.8.2 of Enterprise Guide - http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/837/cpsid_83709/attachments/Acrobat_Enterprise_Administration.pdf

I did try it on my Win 7 machine. The steps I followed were:

1. Install Acrobat X using a serial (Will change this serial later)
  2. Downloaded and installed AAME 2.1
  3. Run command prompt as administrator
  4. Navigate to APTEE folder - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\PDApp\Enterprise\utilities\APTEE
  5. run command adobe_prtk --tool=ReplaceSN --serialize=LEID --serial=<serial number> (Enter new serial number here)

Note: The product ID (LEID) for Acrobat Pro X is “AcrobatPro-AS1-Win-GM”

The product ID (LEID) for Acrobat Std X is “AcrobatStd-AS1-Win-GM”

The new serial number will replace the old serial number.

This worked for me. Let me know if this works for you.

Thanks,

Karan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 29, 2015 Jul 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So there is no quick way to change the registry key?

I would rather uninstall and reinstall with my script that has the correct key from the Customization Wizard than all of what you listed above. Will continue to peruse the forums.

Thanks,

E Powell

Austin, TX

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no way to license via a registry key. Seems like you know the options. Refer to the Admin Guide for details.

Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I meant the serial number, or registration key, not the registry. Thanks.

E Long

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Np. Second sentence is still correct though: Use the prtk tool or reinstall w/ the Wizard.

Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines