• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hyperlinks to PDF files only work in Preview

New Here ,
Jul 09, 2007 Jul 09, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot get any of my hyperlinks to PDF files to work in my ouput WebHelp file. The links work fine in Preview, but not in the actual output. And the files have been added to the baggage folder, and can be seen in the Baggage folder. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the RH hyperlink dialog, are you choosing to display the PDF in a new window, or the topic frame (the default)?

Other considerations: In Windows file types, what application is the PDF extension associated with? In Acrobat Reader, check the setting for allowing Reader to open in the Web browser, or not. I forget which way it needs to be.

If you have recently installed or updated Reader, you should open it manually to clear away any first-time dialogs, such as accepting the Adobe license terms. If the browser is trying to open Reader for the first time, it may be getting stuck there.

Harvey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't matter whether I display the pdf file in a new window or the default page view. It won't open for either. I've created these PDF files myself, and in both Reader and Acrobat Pro, the checkbox is checked allowing PDF files to open in a browser window. Can you think of anything else that may be contributing to the problem?

Thank you...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Retso

Sorry for not replying earlier. I've been conducting a RoboHelp HTML class all day.

Are you using RoboHelp HTML 6? If so, there is a new option labeled "Mark of the web" that could be nailing you. When you generate your WebHelp by double-clicking the layout, see if this option is enabled. If so, disable it and your PDF links should begin working. Note, however, that by DE-selecting this option, you could start seeing the Yellow Information bar as Internet Explorer ever so helpfully deems this as a security threat and blocks your WebHelp until you click it and allow the content to be shown.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2007 Jul 10, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

Yes, I'm working in RH6, I do believe I have Mark of the Web checked. I'm working on a different version of RH here at home, so I won't be able to test it out until tomorrow. I will let you know whether that solves the problem. That's too bad about the IE security bar popping up - that could be an issue for me, but it'd be an even bigger issue not to be able to link to these PDF files.

Thanks Rick!
Danni

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Danni,

You may be able to get rid of the IE security bar. Look in Advanced Internet options and turn off a restriction or two, test again, and come back to Advanced options if necessary.

Harvey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

I've attempted to outline exactly what to do at This link.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2007 Jul 11, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Just wanted to let you all know it worked! I tried both suggestions (Mark of the Web and IE Security Bar fix.) I'm as happy as a clam - thank you for your help, Rick and Harvey!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp