• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re-position Popups

New Here ,
Jan 21, 2008 Jan 21, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to set the position of a popup window? Seems odd that you can set the popup window size but there is no setting for relocating the popop.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To the best of my knowledge, the logic is the popup appears wherever the user clicks and there is no control. Maybe some javascript could affect that but it would need someone with a good knowledge of javascript so that it plays nicely within RoboHelp.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 22, 2008 Jan 22, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quote:

Originally posted by: Peter Grainge
Maybe some javascript could affect that but it would need someone with a good knowledge of javascript so that it plays nicely within RoboHelp.
I suppose you could do some research on positioning JavaScript popups but it would require some homework on your part and then testing your modifications before committing them to your production project. Just try Googling "position javascript popup". Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 22, 2008 Jan 22, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
For what it's worth department:

Popups in RoboHelp are done with the BSSC.js javascript file that is included with RoboHelp. They may have changed the filename by now - check your project directory for a .js file. The popup position is hard coded into the popup functions. However, this file can be edited if you or someone in your company is good with javascript. When Peter says it should "play nicely with RoboHelp," this is where you would want to work - modify the existing functions rather than try to write your own routine that overrides RoboHelp's.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using RoboHelp v6.

I couldn't find a related topic at www.grainge.org.

Can you please provide a solution or a specific reference?

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi PlainEnglish

I don't believe my fellow Adobe Community Expert stated he knew of anything or anywhere you could go to obtain this information. I don't believe it has ever been documented. It is something you would need to undertake on your own to determine what code needs to change and where to change it. As Peter indicated, you would definitely need to have a pretty good handle on JavaScript before undertaking such a project.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. Thanks anyway Peter and Captiv8r.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp