Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unused files included in .CHM file

New Here ,
Jul 30, 2015 Jul 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Please can someone shine some light on why when I run the HTML Help ssl wizard for a specific TOC, every single image and topic from my project file is included?

Bottom line is that I only require certain topics from my project file to build a.chm help file which should only be about 7mb on disc, but is coming out at 30mb. I have used a de-compiling Tool (FAR) to asses whats going on and it appears that all the image and other topics from the Project not needed for the .Chm file are included. This is a real bother because this certain .Chm needs to be less than 10mb.

Many thanks in advanced

Greg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 30, 2015 Jul 30, 2015

It has always been the case that with WebHelp and CHMs that all topics are included in a build unless excluded using a build tag.

In more recent versions there is an option to exclude unreferenced topics. If you select that it will exclude any topic that is not in the TOC or Index and does not have any links from other topics. The only way such topics would be found if that option was not ticked would be via a search.

In your case the cleanest solution would probably be to create an Exclude build

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has always been the case that with WebHelp and CHMs that all topics are included in a build unless excluded using a build tag.

In more recent versions there is an option to exclude unreferenced topics. If you select that it will exclude any topic that is not in the TOC or Index and does not have any links from other topics. The only way such topics would be found if that option was not ticked would be via a search.

In your case the cleanest solution would probably be to create an Exclude build tag and then apply a build expression not include topics tagged Exclude.

That is covered in the online help. Come back if you need more help.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your help Peter.

Adding the build tag to exclude the unwanted topics was the way forward and subsequently has turned me 30mb .CHM file into 1mb file. Spot on thankyou.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp