Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using WinZip with RoboHelp Project Files

New Here ,
Jan 21, 2008 Jan 21, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm a new user to RoboHelp and the Adobe Forums and I'm hoping someone could help me with the following questions:

Has anyone had any issues with using WinZip to zip all of the files of a RoboHelp Project to upload to SharePoint? Then, having another author save the zip file to their local drive to extract files for editing?

Thanks,
jmr

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum.

I haven't seen anyone post anything indicating a problem. Logically it is just a transer of a zip file so I cannot see why there should be a problem. Are you seeing problems or just enquiring if there are any?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for a quick response and welcome. I'm just inquiring for any known issues. I did search the forums before I posted and did not find anything specific. I have not had any issues, but before we started down this path I wanted to see if there was anything I should be aware of. If I learn anything from this process, I will pass along. By the way, we are working in RoboHelp HTML 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jan 22, 2008 Jan 22, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
The most important thing is to replicate the directory structure from one machine to the next. This affects the path name for the start page and the output. If your output is WebHelp, another is that unless you also copy the generated files to the same location on each machine, publishing will always "Republish All" by default (a few thousand?), instead of only publishing new and edited output files (only a few?). (The publishing process compares old to new in the folder being generated to on the local machine.)

It's also best if you generate the output to an entirely different directory that the default !SSL! folder; for our IMS merged project, we use C:\imsmerge for the source, and C:\imsgenerate for the output. Each of these folders could be zipped into separate zip files.

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp