• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I choose a source control application?

New Here ,
Jan 17, 2008 Jan 17, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Under File -> Version Control, the whole menu is blank except for the bottom option "Refresh Status," which doesn't appear to do anything after I select it.

I've used Source Depot for other things already so I know it's working.

What do I need to do to get RH7 to use it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 20, 2008 Jan 20, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Moonlion2. RH only recognises it's own source control application. If you want to use another application like Source Depot, RH will know nothing about it and you will have to setup Source Depot independently. Don't worry about this though as there are plenty of people on these forums that use third party source control apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 22, 2008 Jan 22, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you know if Source Depot supports the Microsoft Source Code Control API? RoboHelp is compatible with source control systems which support this interface. You may also want to check out this article on RoboHelp Developer Center - http://www.adobe.com/devnet/robohelp/articles/robosource_print.html

regards
Vivek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2008 Jan 22, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Turns out it took the careful work and trial and error effort of a developer to get it to work.

I don't know the solution else I'd share it for future concern, but it involved playing with Windows' register key/file/thingy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp