• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Zip/Unzip RoboHelp files

New Here ,
Jan 17, 2008 Jan 17, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Need instructions on how to zip and unzip roboehelp 6 files. When I zip, try to send file attachment, then try to unzip all I view is long stream of files and open up RH xpj but see nothing but empty new robohelp file.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Zipping/unzipping should work exactly the same as any other type of file. Have you checked the project you are zipping to ensure it is not a new project?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am doing the following to zip file; right click on folder;add to ....zip. To unzip I am right click, unzip folder,extract to here. or trying to e-mail file; attach file then unzip, extract to....double click....when I go to view my project there are many files in extract mode and I look for RH xpj; open and its a blank project.......should I not be able to open RH zpj in extract mode and view entire project? I guess I need some step by step instructions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 20, 2008 Jan 20, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quote:

Originally posted by: marvinwalker
I am doing the following to zip file; right click on folder;add to ....zip. To unzip I am right click, unzip folder,extract to here. or trying to e-mail file; attach file then unzip, extract to....double click....when I go to view my project there are many files in extract mode and I look for RH xpj; open and its a blank project.......should I not be able to open RH zpj in extract mode and view entire project? I guess I need some step by step instructions.

I get the empty RH shell when I open the xpj from within the zip file.

Depending on the zip program you use, the zip folder may look almost exactly the same as a regular folder. So perhaps you are opening the xpj that is in the zip file, rather than the extracted one?

Perhaps try the following:
* put the zip file in c:\temp
* extract to c:\mytestproject (or something else completely different from the location of the zip file)
* make sure you navigate to c:\mytestproject to open the xpj.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds OK what you are doing. You didn't answer whether the project is different (i.e. it has topics) if you open it from the location you are trying to zip from (i.e the source). If it does, can you try creating a new RH project, adding a couple of topics, zipping and unzipping and see if the same problem arises.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I unzip project in the same file folder, it unzips fine and I can see complete file. If I go to send the file to someone, they extract they don't see any topic files just the shell of RH. Can't help but think I am doing something wrong, that is why I was asking where I could find step by step instructions on zip/unzip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 20, 2008 Jan 20, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can see all the files when you unzip on your PC then you are definitely not doing anything wrong. More likely is that the other user is or there is something in their setup that is. Where are they unzipping to? A local or network drive? What is the output of the RH Project you have sent? Are they opening the correct file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 22, 2008 Jan 22, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
When you zip, are you saving relative paths?

Harvey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp