Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

iOS, UDID's and Flash Builder

New Here ,
Jul 30, 2015 Jul 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We have been making web apps using Flash Builder and now interested in trying to make some apps for iOS using F.Builder and/or Air. At the moment we don't have any Apple devices. Of course those are needed for testing. Before making decisions or paying Apple Developer Program fee it would be nice to know is it necessary to have Apple devices (UDID)? Does the Apple Dev. Program / or Flash Builder require these, or App Store?   

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Jul 30, 2015 Jul 30, 2015

while it's technically not required (you could develop your app completely using the AIR/iOS simulator), it is HIGHLY recommended to test on a real device before submitting to the store.

The simulators are not perfect, sometimes have bugs, and some things are just impossible to simulate and some errors only pop up on an actual device.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,
Jul 30, 2015 Jul 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

while it's technically not required (you could develop your app completely using the AIR/iOS simulator), it is HIGHLY recommended to test on a real device before submitting to the store.

The simulators are not perfect, sometimes have bugs, and some things are just impossible to simulate and some errors only pop up on an actual device.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2015 Jul 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I completely agree with you about the importance of testing. I'll give the message to my boss. Thanks!

Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 01, 2015 Aug 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

sure thing! honestly the more devices, the better - I have 4 I use on a regular basis LOL.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines