• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash giving program in use error when trying to install on windows 10

New Here ,
Jul 30, 2015 Jul 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently trying to install adobe flash on windows 10 for firefox but I keep getting program in use.  I believe its due to the integrated flash in the edge browser.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 31, 2015 Jul 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Firefox and Edge use two different Flash versions, and if Edge is in use should not effect the Firefox variant.

I successfully installed Firefox and the NPAPI version of flash on Windows 10 both during technical preview and on my office machine running windows 10 as well without a hitch

My suggestion is to download the offline installer at the bottom of the page here: Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows

or directly here: https://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/latest/help/install_flash_player.exe

Then either:

A) shut down and restart the machine OR

B) type in cmd in the search bar at the bottom, right click on the selection and choose run as administrator then type the following lines one by one and press enter after

1) taskkill.exe /im firefox* /f /t

2) taskkill.exe /im plugin-container.exe /f /t

3) taskkill.exe /im flash* /f /f

Then try running the installer. Also there are processes like  steam browser and battlenet ( game browsers ) that use flash. Skype I hear uses flash ( not sure which plugin type ) and I have seen yahoo messenger use flash player.

Hopefully this will resolve your issue

Best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines