• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Getting Error Message E_ACT_NOT_READY

New Here ,
Jul 11, 2015 Jul 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its been a while since I downloaded a book from my public library. All of a sudden when I try to load the book into the Adobe Digital Editions i keep getting a message "Unable To Download.

Error getting License. License Server Communication Problem:

E_ACT_NOT_READY

How come all of a sudden I can't get my library Ebooks loaded.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 31, 2015 Jul 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a similar problem that was caused by my changing computers.  The solution that worked for me (on a Mac) was to find the activation.dat file in the Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions folder and drag it to the Trash.  Then I was able to deauthorize the computer in ADE (either Help>Erase Authorization or Command-Shift-D while ADE is open) and reauthorize computer ( Help>Erase Authorize Computer).

General comment to Adobe:  Your customers do change computers.  EVERY Adobe program (Lightroom CC, Photoshop CC and ADE) was a PITA to bring up on the new machine.  Adobe is the worst; almost all other programs came up with little or no problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2015 Sep 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I was having the same problem too on my Mac running on Os X Yosemite. Keep getting the message "Error getting License. License Server Communication Problem: E_ACT_NOT_READY". The advice given in many forums is always to erase the authorization and reauthorize again as the authorization information was damaged (Activation errors‌). However, I was getting very frustrated for not able to erase the authorization for re-authorization. Thanks to your tip on 'deleting the activation.dat file in the Library/Application Support/Adobe/Digital Editions folder', I am now able to restore everything back to normal to download and authorize DRM-protected files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2015 Nov 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of my DE documents will open. I'm running El Capitan with DE 4.5 and am getting the E_ACT_NOT_READY message. When I search, I cannot find any activation.dat file, or even a Digital Editions folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2015 Nov 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks rjrose! That solved my problem. I’m running OS X 10.10.5, too. Once I deleted that file, I had to reauthorize the account and then my books started loading again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines