• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't install latest version of Flash player because it keeps stalling at 5% stating it is unable to establish a connection.

Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2015 Jul 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yet I can install the previous version of Flash Player (v13) after attempting the above? So there isn't a problem with my connection.

I have been trying this over a period of a few weeks and still same result.

I am on Mac OSX 10.10.3. I have completely uninstalled Flash Player so it's a clean slate.

I am also signed up to Adobe Cloud Software for the ALL Software and am seemingly connected to that continuously no problem.

This is very frustrating at version 13 of Flash player doesn't seem to be showing any flash movies online so it's all but useless to me.

Any help would be welcomed.

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 24, 2015 Jul 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi *Angel_Star*,

It appears you are using the online installer, which downloads and installs Flash Player silently in the background, and requires an active internet connection.  Since the online installer only installs the latest version, the installer you're using for v13 is the offline installer, which is the full installer and doesn't download anything during installation.  For some reason the installer thinks you don't have a connection.  I've seen a few reports of this, but we have not been able to reproduce and I'd like to get the install files from your system to investigate further.  Please do the following:

1. Create an empty text file named ADM.trace inside the ~/Library/Logs directory (this is the User's Library directory, not the system, /Library, directory).  The file extension itself is .trace, not .txt or anything else.
    • This enables verbose logging which provides us with more information than if this file was not there.
  2. Run the online installer again until it stalls
  3. When it stalls go to Finder and select the Go -> Go to Folder... menu item from the Finder menu2013-04-16_11-19-25.png
  4. Copy and paste ~/Library/Logs/Adobe_ADMLogs into the Go to Folder dialog
    GoToFolder.jpg
  5. Locate the Adobe_ADM.log and Adobe_GDE.log files in the folder that appears.
  6. Upload both files using the instructions How to share a document
  7. Post the URL to the uploaded files in your reply

In the mean time, you can use the offline installer posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Mac page, in the 'Still having problems' section.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2015 Jul 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply and sorry for the delay in responding...

The links to the Log files are:

https://files.acrobat.com/a/preview/db994aec-93dc-47b2-a2f2-4dddc545cb71

Shared Files - Acrobat.com

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 01, 2015 Aug 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi *Angel_Star*,

I do see a connection failure in the log file.  Do you have a stable, and fast, internet connection?  Can you please do the following:

1. Download the online installer from get.adobe.com/flashplayer.
  2. Run a speed test on your computer.  There are several sites that offer this.  A few are: Speedtest.net by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test and Speakeasy Speed Test - Powered by MegaPath
  3. When the speed test completes take a screenshot (see How to post a screenshot in the forum‌) of the results.
  4. Close all browsers/apps that may use Flash Player (see How do I quit Safari (or another browser/app) in OS X)
  5. Run the online installer again.
  6. If you get the same connection error post the screenshot of the speed test results.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2015 Sep 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maria,

I am still having problems... This is the screenshot of my speed test results:

Screen Shot 2015-09-03 at 2.57.31 pm copy.jpg

Thanks!

Angie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 03, 2015 Sep 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

HI *Angel_Star*,

Can you provide updated installer log files (see instructions in my July 24 reply).

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines