• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Deleting a corrupted topic

New Here ,
Jan 23, 2008 Jan 23, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went ahead and deleted the .cpd file thinking that might help but it made things worse. When I deleted the .cpd then tried to open the project, RH7 told me that the .cpd file was corrupt and that I should delete it. Erm...

So I put the original .cpd back and the project opened OK and everything, but the errant topic remained and was still undeletable (as exepcted, really).

When I get properties on the topic and go to the File tab, its location is listed as missing and all the other characteristics (size, created &c.) is listed as unknown. When I click the open folder button it leads to the folder where the file used to be before it was corrupted. It's certainly not there now.

So ... any guesses as to how to well and permanently delete this topic?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you try to open the project?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From RH7's start screen. I selected the topic from the recent topics list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wrong. RTFM. Please reread my topic on Opening Projects.

You delete both the XPJ and CPD files and then use File | Open to point to the HHP file. But that's not all of it. You do need to read that topic.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anticipating alternate opening suggestions (but forgetting to re-read the topic) I tried the following before your reply:

I deleted the .cpd then double-clicked the .xpj file itself without going through RH7 first--everything worked!
I was able to delete the corrupted topic right away (which had a name now, before it had lost its name) and the rest of the project seems intact and I was able to generate an HTML help with no apparent hiccups.

Happy ending!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Sometimes deleting just the CPD works and sometimes not, so usual advice is trash both, that only leaves the HHP file.

As long as losing what has been lost is not an issue, glad it's all sorted. If you are not sure what has been lost, don't ask! You know where I will point you. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp