• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bookmarks do not in Topic Properties - Why?

Explorer ,
Jan 23, 2008 Jan 23, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

When I add a bookmark to a topic and link the bookmark to an index entry, the bookmark / index entry does not appear in the Index tab of the Topic Properties dialog box.

Presumably the bookmark is part of the topic properties, and, to me it should appear. Is there are setting which requires adjusment to display the bookmarks in the Topic Properties dialog box?

Thanks,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 23, 2008 Jan 23, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure your assumption is correct. I think the bookmark is just a little piece of "find me here" code in the topic text. The only tight connection is that the topic filename is part of the path to the bookmark.

The Project pane does display bookmarks as if they were sub-topics, but the Project pane displays other things that aren't properties (like image map links). So I don't think that's a reliable guide.

Bottom line - you're a pro (I recognize your handle), and if you can't find a setting for this, there probably isn't one.

I wonder if one of the reports might help you manage your bookmark index links?

HTH,
Elisa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 24, 2008 Jan 24, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Elisa,

Thank you for your comments and pointing me in the right direction.

In the Topic Properties Report, you are able to view topic bookmarks and index entries linked to the topic and/or bookmark.

Have a good one,
CRO1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp