• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Purchased LR6 DVD but installer won't connect to the internet so I can register. I downloaded the trial version to get around this but I can't get the program to start. I get the same message that I should connect to the internet and sign in. It seems

Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2015 Jul 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Purchased LR6 DVD from Adorama but the installer won't connect to the internet so I can register.  Internet is working fine.   I have Adobe account.

I switched from Safari to Chrome and downloaded the trial version hoping to get around the DVD version but I can't get the program to start.    I get the same message that I should connect to the internet and sign in.  It seems undoable after 3 hours.  Spent an hour chatting with support in India.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 05, 2015 Aug 05, 2015

Also delete Lightroom cookie and reg file and then enter serial number and check.

Windows :

Press Windows button (located between Ctrl and Alt buttons) along with R button together at a time , you will get a run command window.

Type in below command and hit 'Enter' key.

%programdata%

It will open ProgramData folder. inside locate Adobe folder.

Navigate to Adobe > Lightroom.

Open Lightroom and delelete all files inside ,

Then launch LR 6 and enter serial number,

Mac :

1) Right click on Finder icon and  se

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lee,

Please refer to the link: Creative Cloud activation and sign-in troubleshooting

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2015 Aug 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not purchased anything called a Creative Cloud.  I don't know what it is.  I want my copy of Lightroom 6 to switch from Trial to regular.  It is counting down each day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 04, 2015 Aug 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lee,

This link might help: Re: lightroom is in trial mode, but I have purchased a subscription.

Please try the solution mentioned.

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2015 Aug 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed your instructions;

I'm not sure why a Lightroom 6 program downloaded from the DVD would not be the program that I paid for.  I have done nothing to suggest an interest in CC.

I'm not sure why erasing Lightroom 6 and replacing it with Lightroom 5.7.1 is a desirable outcome.  Why can't I have what I paid for?

I erased 6 and downloaded 5.  When I put in my serial number I got a red X with no explanation.  What have I accomplished?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 05, 2015 Aug 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lee I suppose there is some issue coming up with the activation for LR6.

Please Contact Customer Care where the agent can remote into the machine and fix the issue for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was activated before I erased it.  It was activated as a trial version.  I suppose, before I call customer care I should reload Lightroom 6 from the DVD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also delete Lightroom cookie and reg file and then enter serial number and check.

Windows :

Press Windows button (located between Ctrl and Alt buttons) along with R button together at a time , you will get a run command window.

Type in below command and hit 'Enter' key.

%programdata%

It will open ProgramData folder. inside locate Adobe folder.

Navigate to Adobe > Lightroom.

Mac :

1) Right click on Finder icon and  select "Go-To Folder"  option.
2) You will get a text box, type-in below command and then hit 'Return' key.( " Do not miss ~ symbol " )

~/library

It will open User Library folder.

3)Then navigate to Application Support>Adobe>Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2015 Aug 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That seemed to work.  Thanks a lot.   I figured that something had to be trashed.  I had Lightroom 6 for a day.  Now I have a 24 day countdown for something called Lightroom Mobile which I never asked for and don't care about.  The remaining question is, once this 'mobile' countdown ends, will I still have Lightroom 6 on my Macbook Pro?

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 07, 2015 Aug 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It will not affect Lightroom 6 on your MacBook Pro .

You are welcome .

At any point , if you face any kinda issue , feel free to post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me know whether you had checked with  below steps :

1) Unchecking Proxies .

2) Trashing Opm.db file ?

3) Checked Hosts file .

4) Removed and reinstalled Adobe Application manager ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines