• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Empty topic "none" appears in project folder (RH7)

New Here ,
Jan 10, 2008 Jan 10, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While working in my RH 7 projects, a strange node entry has appeared in a few of my project folders. An empty topic node entry appears with the title "none". I cannot select the node to delete it, and I have tried to locate a reference to these nodes in my .fpj reference files... no luck there.

Right before an empty topic node appears, RoboHelp goes through what seems like a complete reloading of the project view in the left dock. It almost looks like the product is going through some sort of auto-save. This usually happens just as I save a pre-existing topic that I'm editing within my project.

Has this happened to anyone else out there? Any luck in fixing it?

Thanks,
Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 11, 2008 Jan 11, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum Dave.

Haven't seen it or seen anyone else reporting it. By empty node, do you mean a folder icon named None? If not, can you describe it in more detail?

I have seen Project Manager go blank while it refreshes but no adverse effects.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As they say, a picture... I wish you could post screenshots in this forum.

No, the none entry doesn't appear as a folder, it appears as the very last node within a project sub-folder.

The unfortunate thing about the node is that you cannot select it.

I'll try to draw it here:

Directory - Generating help
Directory - Adding map IDs
DIrectory - Working with help topics
|
|_ Creating a help topic
|
|_ Deleting a help topic
|
|_ Renaming a help topic
|
|_none

Directory - Working with images

This has only occurred twice in my project while I was completing work in all my help project directories. It only happens in the directory that is currently open in the project view at the time, luckily.

But, it's frustrating, nonetheless. I've opened the .fpj files where this was occurring, and there is nothing in them to suggest that the problem appears in those files. I looked at the syntax of the xml, and all looks fine. I've also deleted the .cpd file to see if that would solve the problem on rebuild and it did not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two things to try after creating a backup.

1] Delete the project's CPD and XPJ files and open it with the HHP file.

2] Delete the PSS file and reopen RH.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2008 Jan 21, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestions, but the deletion of those files did not help to fix the problem. I tried them in succession, and then tried to delete all three files at once and open the project. The loss of those files managed to delete my user-defined variables, but I was working from a backup copy, so no worries there... : )

I did notice that if I used Alt + Enter with the "none" node selected, I could look at the properties for the "none" node. RoboHelp told me, through the "Used In" tab, that "none" was used by a specific file within the same project directory.

I've looked at that file, and there is nothing at all within the file to suggest a reference to this empty "none" node. I looked at all hyperlinks in the file to make sure they all pointed to an existing topic... check.

I took a look at topic references for the file that appeared in the "Used In" tab, and there is nothing out of the ordinary there.

I'm still looking for a fix for this very weird behavior.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 22, 2008 Jan 22, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How big is a copy of the project zipped up, with the !SSL! folder removed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2008 Jan 23, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The files are about 20 MB total, that is after taking the .cpd file out. With the .cpd file, it's about 23 MB There is no !SSL! folder in our project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 23, 2008 Jan 23, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
It's where the outputs go. The size suggests there is such a folder. Have you looked using Windows Explorer.

Check that and post back. Not a problem if that is the size but want to cut it if we can. Don't delete the CPD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp