• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Just upgraded to Windows 10, now Indesign will not open

Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2015 Aug 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As title states, just upgraded to Windows 10, now indesign will not open. Interestingly other CC apps will open, but not indesign. When i try to open from the finder, i get an error that says the virtual studio c++ 110.ddl file is missing. I've tried all the normal things to make it unmissing, but they do not seem to work.

If I attempt to open indesign from CC nothing happens. No error, nothing, I'm just pushing an empty button.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 04, 2015 Aug 04, 2015

Hello there, I had actually already tried using the unistaller tool. Uninstalled everything, then reinstalled, that did NOT work.

I was upgrading from Windows 8.1 to windows 10.

I did manage to get indesign to work by doing the following:

1. Uninstalled everything from the windows uninstaller (not through CC).
  2. Ran the Adobe uninstaller tool (it didn't find anything though).
  3. After I installed CC, i noticed that CC had reinstalled the C++ 2008 redistribute package which I've heard causes problems.
  4. I then

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 02, 2015 Aug 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2015 Aug 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again,

I certainly think that is on the right track... But I tried the advice there, as well as in some other locations regarding similar workarounds, installing the redistribute packages, reinstalling CC, but doing so has not made a difference. I tried with every redistrubte package, then i uninstalled them all and just used 2012 and 2015, but they do not work.

My problem is a little different because CC and many of my apps work, such as lightroom, illustrator, premiere pro, and after effects, but the Media encoder and indesign still do not.

Let me know if you have any other thoughts. At this point my only guess is to sit around and wait for a patch.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 04, 2015 Aug 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Next step, I think, is to uninstall the whole suite and run the cleaner tool before reinstalling: CS Cleaner Tool for installation problems | CCM, CS6, CS5.5, CS5, CS4, CS3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upgraded from what and how?

While I typically don't believe in in place upgrades, that has to be done first to get the activation to work. I was fully prepared for a clean install following the upgrade from 8.1 but the in place upgrade was flawless. That said, if you upgraded from Win 7, that would be jumping over two major releases and could be an issue.

If I were you I wouldn't sit around waiting for a patch for this. Follow Peter's advice to clean it up and see how that goes, but do be prepared to do a clean install of Win 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello there, I had actually already tried using the unistaller tool. Uninstalled everything, then reinstalled, that did NOT work.

I was upgrading from Windows 8.1 to windows 10.

I did manage to get indesign to work by doing the following:

1. Uninstalled everything from the windows uninstaller (not through CC).
  2. Ran the Adobe uninstaller tool (it didn't find anything though).
  3. After I installed CC, i noticed that CC had reinstalled the C++ 2008 redistribute package which I've heard causes problems.
  4. I then manually uninstalled the 2008 C++ packages, but left 2012, and 2015.
  5. Then, I installed InDesign. When I installed indesign it installed a few other C++ packages, but... Indesign loaded! Still has a bug or 3 but it works at least.

This worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines